Bobby Wagner anybody?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What I would do is rework contracts and cut Lawrence to sign Wagner and Von Miller. Still would love a monster in the middle of the line, but we'd have a formidable 3-4 linebacker corps with Parsons, Wagner, Cox and Miller (with Parsons and Miller playing DE in 4-3 nickel sets). Cox is the only question mark among those four.

Tussinman

Reaction score
What I would do is rework contracts and cut Lawrence to sign Wagner and Von Miller. Still would love a monster in the middle of the line, but we'd have a formidable 3-4 linebacker corps with Parsons, Wagner, Cox and Miller (with Parsons and Miller playing DE in 4-3 nickel sets). Cox is the only question mark among those four.
Unforunately Stephen will cut D-law then sign Hitchens and extend Gifford :banghead:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I knew there would be an excited Bobby Wagner thread here. :muttley:

Yeah, sure, go after Wagner (do you really think Stephen will?). It won't fix what ails the Cowboys.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if you're going to make Micah a relatively full time end then yes. Otherwise no because we would have our two LBs in Micah and Cox. The 3rd guy doesnt play enough to justify the signing and I dont want to impede Cox's progress.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What I would do is rework contracts and cut Lawrence to sign Wagner and Von Miller.

Miller wants to go back to Denver. He has absolutely no reason to want to come to Dallas, unless he enjoys excessive hype and playoff failure.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Miller wants to go back to Denver. He has absolutely no reason to want to come to Dallas, unless he enjoys excessive hype and playoff failure.

Miller is a Dallas boy. It's where he was born and raised in DeSoto and played college ball at Texas A&M. He has wanted to play for Dallas since he was drafted. Now, to come to this circus, the Joneses would have to make him a legitimate offer, which they won't do, but he has business interests and roots here.

gimmesix

Reaction score
if you're going to make Micah a relatively full time end then yes. Otherwise no because we would have our two LBs in Micah and Cox. The 3rd guy doesnt play enough to justify the signing and I dont want to impede Cox's progress.

I think if we don't re-sign Gregory or we cut Lawrence, Parsons will be a full-time OLB/DE.

Flamma

Reaction score
Signing Wagner would not be in line with the Cowboys SOP. Wipe the idea from your memory.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Jerry will not be able to resist he will sign Wagner Mabey even Hitchens

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Like your think but word is, 3-4 teams are interested in Miller. One tweet suggested he could cost $18-20M

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
You’re either gonna get Wagner or Lawrence. Not both. (Unless Copper is gone)