Reaction score
Career numbers

In 10 starts (W 2 L 8)
5 TD 7 INT 69.7 rating

In 9 relief appearances (W 2 L 7)
3 TD 1 INT 90.0 rating

Mansta54

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't care what his numbers are, he needs to play. I've seen enough of BJ. He's flatout terrible!!! Dead arm, inaccurate, and can't move in the pocket. He gives us ZERO shot to win.....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Even if his numbers are as bad as Johnson's, I'd rather see him playing because the Giants won't be able to stack up against the run like they will with Johnson at QB.

Johnson doesn't look like he can throw the ball 20 yards accurately. The Giants know that and will crowd the line to stop the run. Bollinger can at least present a threat of being able to get the ball downfield.

Also, vs the Giant pass rush, although Bollinger isn't exactly fleet afoot, he can move better than Johnson.

Bollinger matches up better vs the Giants.

As an aside, I can't believe that with all the personnel moves this team has made, that they felt it was OK to have Brad Johnson as the back up. Honestly, I'd rather have Testaverde right now. And that's saying a lot.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Juke99;2378943 said:
As an aside, I can't believe that with all the personnel moves this team has made, that they felt it was OK to have Brad Johnson as the back up. Honestly, I'd rather have Testaverde right now. And that's saying a lot.

I couldn't agree with you more. GAC was talking about NFC East backup QBs, and the Giants (Carr), Skins (Collins) and Eagles (Kolb, Feely) have far better backups than us when compared to BJ. Regardless what anyone else says, the defense won the game against TB. Johnson sure as hell didn't do it. Sure he threw the TD, but TB penalties moved the offense down the field, not Johnson.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2378961 said:
I couldn't agree with you more. GAC was talking about NFC East backup QBs, and the Giants (Carr), Skins (Collins) and Eagles (Kolb, Feely) have far better backups than us when compared to BJ. Regardless what anyone else says, the defense won the game against TB. Johnson sure as hell didn't do it. Sure he threw the TD, but TB penalties moved the offense down the field, not Johnson.

On the nosey.

It doesn't take a football genius to look at Johnson and realize he doesn't have the physical skills to get the job down. It's one thing to stick with a QB who at least has SOME physical skills...but Johnson has nothing. He throws off his back foot. He has zero mobility. He aims the ball. His accuracy is awful. And this garbage about how he manages the game is just that, garbage. He didn't throw any int's this week because it's difficult to throw an int when all you throw is swing passes. And fact of the matter is, he could easily have had a few picked off.

Johnson, IMO, is the worst back up I've seen on this team.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Juke99;2378976 said:
On the nosey.

It doesn't take a football genius to look at Johnson and realize he doesn't have the physical skills to get the job down. It's one thing to stick with a QB who at least has SOME physical skills...but Johnson has nothing. He throws off his back foot. He has zero mobility. He aims the ball. His accuracy is awful. And this garbage about how he manages the game is just that, garbage. He didn't throw any int's this week because it's difficult to throw an int when all you throw is swing passes. And fact of the matter is, he could easily have had a few picked off.

Johnson, IMO, is the worst back up I've seen on this team.

:hammer: :bow:

MrMom

Reaction score
Juke99;2378943 said:
Even if his numbers are as bad as Johnson's, I'd rather see him playing because the Giants won't be able to stack up against the run like they will with Johnson at QB.

Johnson doesn't look like he can throw the ball 20 yards accurately. The Giants know that and will crowd the line to stop the run. Bollinger can at least present a threat of being able to get the ball downfield.

Also, vs the Giant pass rush, although Bollinger isn't exactly fleet afoot, he can move better than Johnson.

vinny-point.jpg

"Listen to this man."

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;2378943 said:
Johnson doesn't look like he can throw the ball 20 yards accurately.
I pointed that out to my wife at the kickoff last Sunday and all game long she couldn't believe the short passing game we were going with. I've seen high school QB's who could gun it downfield better than him.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
If you don't give Bollinger a shot, then bring back Vinny and get rid of BJ.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Juke99;2378943 said:

As an aside, I can't believe that with all the personnel moves this team has made, that they felt it was OK to have Brad Johnson as the back up. Honestly, I'd rather have Testaverde right now. And that's saying a lot.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Ok, who stole Jukes PC?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more. GAC was talking about NFC East backup QBs, and the Giants (Carr), Skins (Collins) and Eagles (Kolb, Feely) have far better backups than us when compared to BJ. Regardless what anyone else says, the defense won the game against TB. Johnson sure as hell didn't do it. Sure he threw the TD, but TB penalties moved the offense down the field, not Johnson.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. With out the help of the Bucks we lose.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2379208 said:
Juke99;2378943 said:

As an aside, I can't believe that with all the personnel moves this team has made, that they felt it was OK to have Brad Johnson as the back up. Honestly, I'd rather have Testaverde right now. And that's saying a lot.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Ok, who stole Jukes PC?

I didn't say I want Parcells back. :D

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Thats misleading, other than the horsecollar the other ones didn't do a whole lot. The call on T.O. gave us a 1st down after that play came on 2nd down...the roughing was what, 5 yards after we had just gotten a first down, and I don't even remember the third. So other than the horsecollar, we were moving the ball but those penalties were complimentary.

Nobody expected Johnson to be this bad. He had done nothing in his entire career to show that. I, and I might be in the minority, but was more than sure that his experience would be able to manage 3-4 games without Romo and not completely kill our offense. I was wrong, but why would anybody think he would be terrible?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2379289 said:
i will take that as a reliever
That's what I was thinking too.

Getting a lot of reps during the week hasn't helped him much over his career.

silver

Reaction score
Future;2379287 said:
Nobody expected Johnson to be this bad. He had done nothing in his entire career to show that. I, and I might be in the minority, but was more than sure that his experience would be able to manage 3-4 games without Romo and not completely kill our offense. I was wrong, but why would anybody think he would be terrible?
because some of us actually saw him play with the vikings in 2006 and he was just as bad. dink and donk galore.
we've covered this issue ever since we went after him. i don't want to sprain my shoulder but here's the link
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2345932#post2345932