News: Bolts Embracing Challenge of Cowboys Offense

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ricky Henne Managing Editor Chargers.com

“They’re good,” Defensive Coordinator John Pagano said matter-of-factly. “Their quarterback is playing at a high level. They’ve got a great running back in Murray that makes people miss. It gives our defense a big challenge of being able to tackle him. Their skill guys are tops in the league. Jason Witten is still doing amazing things and Miles Austin. (Bryant) is a game wrecker. He is big, he’s physical and he goes after the football. He changes games, and we understand that. We’ve got to be aware of that He’s somebody at the top of his game, and Tony’s doing a great job of getting the ball to him And that’s a big challenge for us this week because they’re a really good football team.”

Speaking about Dallas’ offense, Head Coach Mike McCoy agrees that they provide a stiff test for the Bolts defense.

“(They’re) a very well coached team,” McCoy explained. “(Head Coach) Jason (Garrett) has done a great job with them the time he’s been there. (Offensive Coordinator) Bill Callahan on offense has done a great job with Tony and he’s slinging the ball around, doing a nice job of getting the ball out of his hand. Obviously they had a great running game last week, something that Bill’s always done an extremely good job with, of being an effective running team and believing in the run game and sticking with it and that’s what he’s done there.”

Read more: http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...-Offense/ddc61abe-a874-4141-9467-7ef9efc1234e

Frozen700

Reaction score
Sounds like they are forcing themselves to say these things.

I'm sure other then the Bryant comment, they feel they can mollywhop us, and they think we are sweet. Just like half their players.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Pagano is correct about our offense being a challenge for their defense to stop us. Their secondary has been shown to be vulnerable. This matchup looks to be something that'll take everything the Chargers can do to contain it and then some. Best of luck to them in that regard. I'm hoping they'll need plenty of it and more.

There's no question that Rivers has been known to challenge us with almost the same degree of competency that Romo has to them. The difference is mainly that they haven't been able to overcome us in the scoring area like we have to them. Whatever Romo does to them, hopefully the OL and Murray will be able to duplicate. I'm trying to be optimistic we'll be able to avoid complacency after wins and string some of them together this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope our defense is looking forward to the challenge ahead of them. When you respect the ability of an opponent you tend to work harder to meet the challenge

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
After watching their games against the titans I don't think the defense is as bad as the numbers say.

They played without their two inside linebackers and locker scrambled on them keeping drives alive. They didn't throw the ball that well.

They get butler and teo back inside and should make them stronger.

Secondary looks to be the poorest we have played so far, sans waddle. I think our tackles should push them around and with the size of our interior now I think we will handle their 3 guys up front.

The key is probably going to be spreading them out in their base and making them pick who waddle covers witten or Escobar outside. Leaving the other on a linebacker along with Murray/Dunbar.

It seems like we can spread them out and dink and dunk them to death until they commit and then go down field. Sorry to be so generic but I just don't see to many dynamic players on their defense. Freeney s good, English is good. I don't see anything of the 3 lineman that should give us a problem.

And if they want to put teo in coverage on witten/Escobar/Hanna well that is where the ball is going.

they are going to score on us though, gates is just an impossible matchup. They have scored on their opening drive in every game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Nobody knows what kind of player Teo is on the NFL level, but if that championship game was any indication.

No idea either but I am going to go on record that if we get him in coverage on witten/Hanna/Escobar our tight ends will win.