Bolts on vs Pack

Kilyin

Reaction score
Interesting that Marty hasn't had Rivers change his motion...Ulgy but gets the job done I guess.

That's what I'm sayin. And I hate to quote Theismann, but even he mentioned Bernie Kosar's ugly release, but it got him in the HOF. Why not let the QB use his natural motion that got him in the NFL, instead of forcing something that's not there. Seems to be Schottenheimer's line of thinking too.

ctalker

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Don't forget who Marty coached in Cleveland.........Kosar.......

I forgot about that..He must take an "if it aint broke don't fix it approach".

Kilyin

Reaction score
And you have to admit, Parcells isn't known for developing franchise QBs. I'd have to trust Marty on that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin said:
And I hate to quote Theismann, but even he mentioned Bernie Kosar's ugly release, but it got him in the HOF.
Who? Kosar? Nope.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin said:
Coulda sworn he was in the Hall. Well, he is known as one of the most accurate passers.
That's true. I remember one passing streak where Kosar did not throw an interception. Don't know how many consecutive passes he threw without a pick, but at the time I believe it was a record.

ctalker

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
And you have to admit, Parcells isn't known for developing franchise QBs. I'd have to trust Marty on that.

I agree that I wouldn't change it, espically since he looked so good last year.

Although, I think it's fairly common to have he coaches work on young QB's mechanics. Hopefully, pays off in the long run.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Look, I'm as big a Henson fan as anyone, but think back to the KC pre-season game last year. Henson threw the ball terribly in that game and it was obvious he needed to change his delivery. I thought he was turning the double play at Yankee stadium, the way he threw it. I was shocked after all the glowing reports we were getting from camp.

It's ok to have an ugly delivery if you get the ball there consistently like Kosar did and Rivers did in college, but sometimes a player needs to correct problems that cause inconsistency.

ctalker

Reaction score
parchy said:
Rogers looked lost.

Did he? I was hoping to get to see him play tonight.

I only saw him make a few throws before my girfriend made me change the channel. Oh well, didn't argue too much with her since it is preseason and not the cowboys. Got to save my battles for when they count.

parchy

Reaction score
ctalker said:
Did he? I was hoping to get to see him play tonight.

I only saw him make a few throws before my girfriend made me change the channel. Oh well, didn't argue too much with her since it is preseason and not the cowboys. Got to save my battles for when they count.

He held the ball too long... you could tell he was trying to visualize things happening rather than just making throws. Judging by this game though, his anticipation skills need a lot of work. This guy is maybe 2-3 years away from being reliable (if that). He fell to 24 for a reason, I see.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
All those bagging on Henson's throwing motion and crying for a trade for Rivers, really needs to look at Rivers throw.:D

I am no QB expert--just a novice, but Rivers just threw a nice one to #80 who spiked it over the goal post.......the little man in stripes raised both his hands in the air.....the scoreboard reflected 6 pts.....and Rivers was pumping his fist like Tiger Woods.....would that classify as a pretty good throw for Rivers?:D

ctalker

Reaction score
parchy said:
He held the ball too long... you could tell he was trying to visualize things happening rather than just making throws. Judging by this game though, his anticipation skills need a lot of work. This guy is maybe 2-3 years away from being reliable (if that). He fell to 24 for a reason, I see.

Alright, thanks for the recap.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Rivers sucks

Rodgers has a real quick release - has a future in this league

Rodgers looked like crap from what I saw, wasnt impressed with him at all...Rivers was 12/17 when I quit watching, but would have liked to seen him throw more down field

David

parchy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I am no QB expert--just a novice, but Rivers just threw a nice one to #80 who spiked it over the goal post.......the little man in stripes raised both his hands in the air.....the scoreboard reflected 6 pts.....and Rivers was pumping his fist like Tiger Woods.....would that classify as a pretty good throw for Rivers?:D

I think he was referring to Rivers' mechanics... they're horribly stunted and super ugly looking... I think the knock on that is that you don't know how consistent he can be throwing like that. He has a cannon for an arm, but unless he changes his form, I don't think he'll ever put it where he wants 100% of the time.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
parchy said:
This is the kids first preseason game of his career...Jeez

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Tio said:
This is the kids first preseason game of his career...Jeez

your right it is and eventually he may turn out ok...but you can see this kid is not an elite passer and IMO wasnt worthy of being a 1st rd pick

David