Bomb the Ship

Blitzen

Reaction score
Between 2017 and 2019, I feared that the Cowboys were going to succeed in building a mediocre product that would mean signing the core players to huge extensions and continuing down the same path. That is exactly what happened, but the Prescott injury actually allows them to completely get rolled this season (which might allow them to grab one of the highly rated QB’s coming out of the draft). There is next to no chance that a highly skilled QB can overcome Jones culture, but I believe it is their best chance. I don’t think they do it, even if they get the top overall draft spot but they have surprised me before when they drafted Zach over Johnny.

The current ship built was an above average mediocre team at best. Jimmy G would at best get the team to that threshold (which is why Jerry would pull the trigger if possible). I don’t think he would do that well here and I have zero fan interest in being another also ran. Blow holes in this ship and set your sights on removing core talent that is over the age of 26 with trades for high picks if you can possibly get them.

I understand the unlikely possibility of this happening. JJ does not sink a mediocre ship. He shines the deck to keep the sheeple from noticing how much water the thing takes on.