Boston College vs. Connecticutt

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There is a DE for BC who I hope declares for the draft unless one of our division rivals has a chance to draft him.

Mathias Kiwanuka, 6'5" about 265, is a pur epass rusher.

The game is on ESPN2 if anyone wants to get a look at him.

I highly recommend it.

Game just started. Connecticutt fumbled the opeing KO, BC is up 7-0.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Check out the Connecticut QB

May be a day 1 pick next year. sleeper

BC a pretty good DE Prospect

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BTW, he wears #94.

He already has a sack and was in on another. Not sure he'll get a half sack or not.

They have him lined up at LDE so far and he has been in the backfield every play.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
TH, did I just hear them say when he came in he only weighed 200? Didn't know that.

Now up to 260, which is certainly no less than what Jason Taylor plays at, but you wonder how much more he could 'grow'.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
TH, did I just hear them say when he came in he only weighed 200? Didn't know that.

Now up to 260, which is certainly no less than what Jason Taylor plays at, but you wonder how much more he could 'grow'.
I didn't hear that, but they might have.

I love his dreadlocks. He just looks fierce. Call him Predator.

I need to find a good pic of him to post here along with some scouting reports.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I didn't hear that, but they might have.

I love his dreadlocks. He just looks fierce. Call him Predator.

I need to find a good pic of him to post here along with some scouting reports.
He's really not 6'5" tho.

There is some speculation about how tall he really is, but it's either 6"7 or 6'8".

I kid you not. He is taller or as tall as Jeremy Trueblood, who is 6'7". The other BC tackle is also 6'7".

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
He's really not 6'5" tho.

There is some speculation about how tall he really is, but it's either 6"7 or 6'8".

I kid you not. He is taller or as tall as Jeremy Trueblood, who is 6'7". The other BC tackle is also 6'7".
Oh how I miss the days of Too Tall.

I am hoping we can land this kid.

He looked great so far.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Pretty good players for Uconn

THE bc DE looking good!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mathias Kiwanuka

7721.jpeg

Class:
Junior

Hometown:
Indianapolis, IN

High School:
Cathedral

Height / Weight:
6-7 / 261

Position:
DE

2003 Season

All-America candidate...named to the All-Big East first team, the first BC sophomore to receive that honor since William Green in 2000...led the Big East in sacks with 11.5...had a team-high 24 quarterback hurries on the year...was a 13-game starter at defensive end...four solos, one TFL vs. Wake Forest in season opener...three solos, one TFL, two QB hurries, two QB sacks, one fumble recovery, two knock downs vs. Penn State...five solos, two assists, one TFL, two QB hurries at Connecticut...had two solos, one assist, one TFL, and five QB hurries vs. Miami...led the Eagles against Ball State with seven tackles, also had one assist, one TFL, one half of a sack, three QB hurries...four solos, four assists, one QB hurry, one QB sack at Temple...six solos, two assists, one TFL, one QB sack, caused one fumble at Syracuse... three solos, one assist, one TFL, three QB hurries, two and a half sacks vs. Notre Dame...six solos, one assist, four QB hurries, one QB sack vs. Pittsburgh...five solos, four assists, one TFL, one QB sack vs. West Virginia...five solos, two assists, one TFL, one QB hurry, one half of a QB sack vs. Rutgers...had one sack and one TFL at Virginia Tech including four QB hurries...registered six tackles, including four solos...had a career-high nine tackles (four solos) and a sack in the Diamond Walnut San Francisco Bowl game...nicknamed "Kiwi"...he and offensive tackles James Marten and Jeremy Trueblood are the tallest Eagles at 6-8.

2002 Season

Five sacks on the year, second on the team...finished the season with 44 tackles (27 solos)...a bright young talent on the Eagle defensive line...started the first two games of the season for the injured Derric Rossy...responded with three solos, one assist, a sack, a TFL, a pass breakup and a QB hurry vs. Connecticut in his first collegiate game...two solos plus a forced fumble in the Stanford game...also had two pass deflections, two quarterback hurries, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery for a touchdown...four solos, two assists vs. Miami in the Orange Bowl...one solo, one assist, one QB sack vs. Virginia Tech...is one of two Cathedral High School graduates on the BC squad; schoolboy teammate Jeremy Trueblood is an offensive lineman...three solos, one assist and a quarterback hurry vs. Navy...two tackles, one pass knockdown vs. Pittsburgh...three tackles vs. Notre Dame...five tackles (three solos) vs. West Virginia...three tackles (two solos), 1 TFL (a quarterback sack) vs. Syracuse...four tackles, a quarterback sack and an interception vs. Temple...recovered a fumble and ran it in for a 49-yard touchdown vs. Rutgers in the regular-season finale.

2001 Season

Redshirted.

High School

Earned SuperPrep all-Midwest honors as a senior at Cathedral; gained all-Midwest accolades from Tom Lemming...garnered all-state and all-city honors in 2000...recorded 39 tackles, 11 tackles for loss and one pass breakup as a senior defensive end...registered 98 receiving yards as a tight end...helped lead Cathedral to back-to-back state 4A championships in 1998 and 1999; team had a 36-5 record in his three years...played for head coach Rick Streiff.

Personal

Mathias Kagimu Kiwanuka, born March 8, 1983...enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences with a major in communications...proudly displays a Ugandan flag in his dorm room as a reminder of his African heritage and in memory of his late grandfather, Benedicto Kiwanuka, who was elected Uganda's first prime minister in 1961 and assassinated in 1972 by Idi Amin...Mathias is the youngest of Deodata and Emmanuel Kiwanuka's three children; has one brother and one sister.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Is of the Parcells tree!

Coached under Coughlin!

They win games in 2nd half.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I just watched the replay of that last BC tackle behind the LOS.

Kiwinuka threw 2 blockers to the ground with extreme prejudice.

I like this kid.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Now that's funny.

BC looks good in this game so far.
TH, they just let the Huskies into the Big East because the good teams got out or are getting out.

Now they let these division I-AA frauds in.

I don't care - I've cried enough tears over the good teams leaving for the ACC - and am resigned to the Big East being a strong basketaball conference, and a pigskin joke.

But UCONN? Just playing them is humiliating, even by pitifuil Big Est standards..

Well, they did lay a world of hurt on Murray State last week.

As far as Kiwanuka is concerned, I wish I could be as posotive as you are. Unlike runners, tho, who you can get a sense of regardless of who they're running against, the judgment on defensive linemen, imo, is much more reliant upon the level of competition.

I will say that Mathias is a man among boys tonite, tho.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:
BTW, he wears #94.

He already has a sack and was in on another. Not sure he'll get a half sack or not.

They have him lined up at LDE so far and he has been in the backfield every play.

I believe that he lines up on which ever side the TE doesn't. I wonder why they don't do that more in the NFL with guys like Kearse.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
As far as Kiwanuka is concerned, I wish I could be as posotive as you are. Unlike runners, tho, who you can get a sense of regardless of who they're running against, the judgment on defensive linemen, imo, is much more reliant upon the level of competition.

I will say that Mathias is a man among boys tonite, tho.
He certainly is. They compared him to Jevon Kearse earlier.

I like that comparison. Rooting for a #94 at pass rusher is a good memory. I miss Charles Haley.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
You are wrong on Uconn - they are rising with a Bullet. They rocked the great KState 2 years ago :eek:

QB is to be a 1st round pick............

I was with family a season ticket holder 75-98. You are witnessing Uconn getting on the map nationally..............

17-7 - Dan O drove it down the field. Great game - DE BC starring. The RB from Ct running over people.

Who Did Uconn beat last week and what was the score by quarters?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
You are wrong on Uconn - they are rising with a Bullet. They rocked the great KState 2 years ago :eek:

QB is to be a 1st round pick............

I was with family a season ticket holder 75-98. You are witnessing Uconn getting on the map nationally..............

17-7 - Dan O drove it down the field. Great game - DE BC starring. The RB from Ct running over people.

Who Did Uconn beat last week and what was the score by quarters?
The UConn QB looks good, but I think 1st round is a reach.

They beat Duke last week. Don't remember the score or the quarter by quarter stuff.

That doesn't matter anyway.