Both Jerry and Bill say they are working on more contracts

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Bill mentioned it in todays PC and ESPN has an article about the Roy signing and in that piece they say Jerry says they are working on more. The only contracts i could think of are for James and TNew. Any other ideas?

It would be great to get Jason, Roy, Bradie and Terence all done before they hit the market!

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
Bill mentioned it in todays PC and ESPN has an article about the Roy signing and in that piece they say Jerry says they are working on more. The only contracts i could think of are for James and TNew. Any other ideas?

It would be great to get Jason, Roy, Bradie and Terence all done before they hit the market!

Romo, but I think they'll wait until at least some preseason games are played. Maybe after the season.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What about Jacques Reeves? He's supposedly continuing his good play at a critical position. IIRC he got the one-year tender for just this year... I guess he'd be restricted next year, but we might want to sign him to a cheap multi-year deal before he gets close to the open market.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
What about Jacques Reeves? He's supposedly continuing his good play at a critical position. IIRC he got the one-year tender for just this year... I guess he'd be restricted next year, but we might want to sign him to a cheap multi-year deal before he gets close to the open market.

Good point, I think he's definately our #3 of the future, possibly earlier.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Romo will not be offered a contract until after the season or at all. Let just say I over heard a conversation that involved a father of a qb on the roster and an owner on monday. Go ahead flame away, but just going by what I heard that morning after practice. I am not making in claims that I know anything about whats going on, I am just saying that from what I heard standing there it doesn't sound like some people are on the same page concerning romo..here is the pic to prove who Mr. Jones was talking to monday morning. I took it.

http://i20.***BLOCKED***/albums/b230/Anthonyccicchetti/cowboys06050.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Now you've gone and done it, Cowboystar17...

But on Reeves -- Now that I think about it, Crayton would be in the same boat. .. Although Parcells did seem a little disappointed in him last year when he came back from the ankle problem.

Who knows, maybe we offer these guys team-friendly deals and see if they bite.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Hey CL just pointing out something that I caught. BTW I wasn't the only one to catch this little conversation. I know that Jerry is a salesmen, and could've been doing a sales job, but I am telling you that I don't think certain people are on the same page about henson/romo there is a reason why Romo hasn't been offered an extension. JJ also said how pleased he was with Henson in NFLE and that Henson has looked good in practice. After that I took note and watched Henson throughout the day, and I must say I thought he was the most impressive QB. JMO

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm not saying I doubt you, Cowboystar17, I'm just saying this will turn into another Romo/Anti-Romo thread in 3... 2... 1... ;)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:
Hey CL just pointing out something that I caught. BTW I wasn't the only one to catch this little conversation. I know that Jerry is a salesmen, and could've been doing a sales job, but I am telling you that I don't think certain people are on the same page about henson/romo there is a reason why Romo hasn't been offered an extension. JJ also said how pleased he was with Henson in NFLE and that Henson has looked good in practice. After that I took note and watched Henson throughout the day, and I must say I thought he was the most impressive QB. JMO

Thanks for that tidbit. I was puzzled after initially reports about Romo looking good, and now seemingly more pointing out Henson looking good.

But I am sure you might be flamed a little bit here :D Just ignore it. You have heard what you heard and you are not claiming it to be the real deal. Like you said, it might be Jerry's sales job or just Jerry's personal opinion and not staff etc.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

I love Reeves but I don't think they'd re-sign him now since he'll be restricted next year. OTOH he wasn't a high draft pick so maybe they will. But to me it seems rare to see guys who are going to become RFAs get re-signed a year before their contract expires.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Oh Snap This Is Going To Be The First Major Quarterback Thread Of Training Camp.

I Have A Post On Page One. I Rule!

EDIT: Selling something? Trying to get rid of that nick nack on ebay? Well, have I got a deal for you! Send me a PM, and offer me something, and you, too, could have a link to that ebay product, RIGHT HERE ON PAGE ONE OF THE QB BATTLE THREAD! THIS IS PRIME REAL ESTATE FOLKS. HUNDREDS WILL SEE YOUR AD! JUST PM 'CROWN ROYAL' AND THIS, TOO, CAN BELONG TO YOU!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Oh Snap This Is Going To Be The First Major Quarterback Thread Of Training Camp.

I Have A Post On Page One. I Rule!

:lmao2: I got two, beat ya to it :D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:

Henson had a good day? Let's extend him even more and cut Romo. I for one REALLY hope that the team makes decisions based on a single day of practice.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Henson had a good day? Let's extend him even more and cut Romo. I for one REALLY hope that the team makes decisions based on a single day of practice.

I want to see them in preseason. It is my hope that they are both back in TC next offseason.

Does Romo's contract end this year? The reason I ask, just because we hear good things, what kind of contract do you sign him to at this point? I mean, what do you offer him? Just a one year extension? He won't sign that.

Trying to extend romo at this point would be tough - he wants to go somewhere and start, and if doesn't get a chance here, he'll welcome free agency.