Both Jerry and Bill say they are working on more contracts

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
abersonc, Thats all you got from my post was one day? JJ could've been refering to the veterans camps etc... and what he saw saturday/sunday/monday... All I said was I took note of that and watched it for myself. I thought he was the most impressive. But you have your view I have mine.. This is solely based off a conversation I over heard. But whatever No use in arguing with people about it. I didn't claim I had some "inside info" I am just stating what I over heard thanks.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:
abersonc, Thats all you got from my post was one day? JJ could've been refering to the veterans camps etc... and what he saw saturday/sunday/monday... All I said was I took note of that and watched it for myself. I thought he was the most impressive. But you have your view I have mine.. This is solely based off a conversation I over heard. But whatever No use in arguing with people about it. I didn't claim I had some "inside info" I am just stating what I over heard thanks.

Well, just brace for the onslaught :D It won't matter even if you say its just your opinion, you have to submit your opinion to others for approval, until then.... ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's my belief all free agents the team is interested in keeping should be signed before the last year of the existing contract.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
It's my belief all free agents the team is interested in keeping should be signed before the last year of the existing contract.

But with Romo, you still don't know what to sign him at. We don't know what we want from him. Is he a future starter? A career backup? What? How do you extend him at this point? We at least have to see some playing time in the season, or allow FA offers to come in before we decide, no?

And who's to say he will sign for backup money only? He probably wants to start soon, and will try to go elsewhere. He isn't required to sign a contract.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
But with Romo, you still don't know what to sign him at. We don't know what we want from him. Is he a future starter? A career backup? What? How do you extend him at this point? We at least have to see some playing time in the season, or allow FA offers to come in before we decide, no?

And who's to say he will sign for backup money only? He probably wants to start soon, and will try to go elsewhere. He isn't required to sign a contract.
He is a backup QB and should be paid accordingly. If he becomes a starter we can redo his deal then. He can't command starters money having never even started one game.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No ***** the contract is up in a year. Hence my post as to why he won't be offered one till the end of the year or if at all. Wow I am shocked that people couldn't put that together. Some of you guys are so quick to disprove or jump all over someone without even reading or paying attention to whats being said.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:
No ***** the contract is up in a year. Hence my post as to why he won't be offered one till the end of the year or if at all. Wow I am shocked that people couldn't put that together. Some of you guys are so quick to disprove or jump all over someone without even reading or paying attention to whats being said.

This thread is about extending contracts before they expire.

Noone's jumping on ya dude, chill, I know it can seem that way sometimes.

I've found that the way I interpret what someone is trying to say to me can be skewed by the tone of voice I read it in. :)

J-DOG

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Romo will not be offered a contract until after the season or at all. Let just say I over heard a conversation that involved a father of a qb on the roster and an owner on monday. Go ahead flame away, but just going by what I heard that morning after practice. I am not making in claims that I know anything about whats going on, I am just saying that from what I heard standing there it doesn't sound like some people are on the same page concerning romo..here is the pic to prove who Mr. Jones was talking to monday morning. I took it.

http://i20.***BLOCKED***/albums/b230/Anthonyccicchetti/cowboys06050.jpg
OK just to be clear...that's Henson's dad?

I like Henson and I like Romo...I know that is not the popular thing to do, but both of these qb's are Dallas Cowboys.

There's enough love to go around!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
yup hensons dad right after jerry was talking to him

http://i20.***BLOCKED***/albums/b230/Anthonyccicchetti/cowboys06046.jpg

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:
yup hensons dad right after jerry was talking to him

http://i20.***BLOCKED***/albums/b230/Anthonyccicchetti/cowboys06046.jpg

Just for kicks, what did Jerry say???

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big Dakota said:
Bill mentioned it in todays PC and ESPN has an article about the Roy signing and in that piece they say Jerry says they are working on more. The only contracts i could think of are for James and TNew. Any other ideas?

The Cheerleaders, maybe? I sure hope so!! ;)

:star:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:
Big Dakota PM me I'll tell you.

Why exactly is it so top secret?

It was probably just some generally vague *** kissing. Hes not going to tell Hensons dad:

'Well, Mr. Henson, your son hasnt got a snowballs chance in hell of playing in the NFL, thanks for coming out and we'll see you around".

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:

aren't you the guy who said "flame away"?

I'm glad to hear Drew was impressive -- but clearly that wasn't the message coming out of the minicamps etc.

I can't see any decision being made on either until they see some game action.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:

Read your post again - it read like you thought he just got an extension. Calm down Nancy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crown Royal said:
Read your post again - it read like you thought he just got an extension. Calm down Nancy.

Her name was Magill...
but she called herself Lil...
but everyone knew her as Nancy...

Thanks, Crown Royal...! Now, I got a song in my head...

:star: