Both the villains that cost Romo and Witten a shot at a Super Bowl

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Are now gone.

Actually, I rarely had a bad thing to say about Gene. He was usually fair in our games. I can't fault him for the Dez play because that actually came from the booth, so that was more of Blandino's decision. Now, if Tony Corrente were to retire, I'd have no qualms with it.

Plankton

Reaction score
NFL-Executive-says-Stephen-Jones-is-keeping-Jerry-Jones-from-making-mistakes-e1462582132191.jpg

Nope, we're still here.

GenoT

Reaction score

“We perenially lead the league in home and road attendance, TV ratings and merch sales — not to mention we’re the most valuable sports franchise on the planet. Until any of that changes enough to notice, all THREE of us are gonna be here for a long, LONG time.

“So...sit back and enjoy The Process.”

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the refs become the focus for why you lost you just lowered the bar for getting better as a team. Blaming the refs for losing is a habit of losers.

All the good coaches I ever had playing sports as a kid never put up with any complaints about the refs.

JustChip

Reaction score
Dez was the #1 person to blame. He had the ball and the 1st down. All he had to do was hold on to the ball. Instead he had to go for the glory and reach the ball out exposing it to a drop or fumble.

It was the absolute worst situation in which to take a risk with the ball.

While I agree, I don't think he was "going for the glory". It's instinct. He's not the only, nor the minority. It's a bam - bam play that didn't work. I personally fault going all or nothing with that play - it made more sense to me to be sure of the 1st down instead of going for broke. They might still have been stopped, but I judge things by what I think is a right or wrong decision, not by whether whatever was done ultimately worked or didn't.