Both the villains that cost Romo and Witten a shot at a Super Bowl

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I agree, I don't think he was "going for the glory". It's instinct. He's not the only, nor the minority. It's a bam - bam play that didn't work. I personally fault going all or nothing with that play - it made more sense to me to be sure of the 1st down instead of going for broke. They might still have been stopped, but I judge things by what I think is a right or wrong decision, not by whether whatever was done ultimately worked or didn't.

I can understand questioning the play call; however, the play call worked. Dez had the 1st down with the ball securely in his hands. No play call is guaranteed but having the ball securely in hand 29 yards past the 1st down marker is a guaranteed 1st down if he just holds on to the ball. Then they get 4 downs to punch it in from the 1 yard line.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dez was the #1 person to blame. He had the ball and the 1st down. All he had to do was hold on to the ball. Instead he had to go for the glory and reach the ball out exposing it to a drop or fumble.

It was the absolute worst situation in which to take a risk with the ball.

Proof positive of delusional hate and lack of reasoning.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I can understand questioning the play call; however, the play call worked. Dez had the 1st down with the ball securely in his hands. No play call is guaranteed but having the ball securely in hand 29 yards past the 1st down marker is a guaranteed 1st down if he just holds on to the ball. Then they get 4 downs to punch it in from the 1 yard line.
Yes, perfectly executed by the QB.
The type of play that almost always has to be made at some point to advance in the playoffs.
Instincts took over on Dez’ end and he tried to score. No doubt he had it and there would be no review at all if hed just gone down. But that was Dez.
Brutal turn of events

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dez was the #1 person to blame. He had the ball and the 1st down. All he had to do was hold on to the ball. Instead he had to go for the glory and reach the ball out exposing it to a drop or fumble.

Man,I can't pin that loss on Dez,,,he got hosed on that playo_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NFL-Executive-says-Stephen-Jones-is-keeping-Jerry-Jones-from-making-mistakes-e1462582132191.jpg

Nope, we're still here.
Yep ...This^^^^^^^

Jethro and Son. The Arkansas Hillbillies. Lol

Verdict

Reaction score

That's right. Dez should have never put the team in that situation. He was a "me first" idiot.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, it really did not work. Now, the reason it didn't work is convoluted, but the fact remains that it did not work. Low percentage play. Very poor call on 4th down.

jay94

Reaction score
While I agree, I don't think he was "going for the glory". It's instinct. He's not the only, nor the minority. It's a bam - bam play that didn't work. I personally fault going all or nothing with that play - it made more sense to me to be sure of the 1st down instead of going for broke. They might still have been stopped, but I judge things by what I think is a right or wrong decision, not by whether whatever was done ultimately worked or didn't.

He's right Dez isn't very bright. Just listen to the man talk.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it really did not work. Now, the reason it didn't work is convoluted, but the fact remains that it did not work. Low percentage play. Very poor call on 4th down.

The Dez No-Catch was the same as this play.

This play was executed successfully but Desean Jackson then gave the TD away.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

The only one who suffers more than us is Garret's wife
That's funny.

People that hate Garrett should sneak into The Star and put clapper activated locks on the liquor cabinet. Make then only respond to Garrett's clapping.

After not being able to access the Johnnie Walker Blue a couple of times and having to wait for Garrett to come unlock the cabinet, Jerry would fire him on the spot.

Big_D

Reaction score
The Dez No-Catch was the same as this play.

This play was executed successfully but Desean Jackson then gave the TD away.

what a stupidazz football player. More worried about celebrating. You would've thought he learned a lesson after his dumbazz dive back in high school.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Which is why after a record season, he got the boot. Fumblitis.

He didn't get the boot, he left for more money. Don't like him anymore for that reason. But we now got Zeke, a better running back, so it all worked out.

As far as "Fumblitis" goes, he had 6 in 392 carries in 2014, or 1.53%. Zeke had 5 in 322 carries in 2016, or 1.55%.

Guess Cowboys will be giving Zeke the boot?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly thought this thread was about Jerry and Stephen until I saw who posted it.

Sorry to interrupt. Continue being wrong.