BOTOX news.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
THings are really looking up for the future never was.

FDA OKs Botox to Curb Underarm Sweating

Tue Jul 20,11:34 AM ET

WASHINGTON - It's now official: Wrinkle-smoothing Botox can be injected in the armpits to curb excessive sweating.

Yahoo! Health
Have questions about your health?
Find answers here.

On Tuesday, the Food and Drug Administration (news - web sites) approved the long-expected new use of Botox, the latest in a range of conditions to be treated by this weakened form of the food-poisoning toxin that causes botulism.

People with a condition called "primary axillary hyperhidrosis" produce four or five times the amount of underarm sweat as is normal. There are various treatments, including powerful antiperspirants, drugs to prevent sweat gland stimulation, even surgery on those glands.

Botox apparently temporarily paralyzes a nerve that stimulates sweat glands. In one study, 91 percent of patients who received Botox underarm injections saw their sweating cut in half in a month, compared with 36 percent of patients given salt-water injections.

Patients can get additional injections every few months. FDA (news - web sites) cited one study that found the average duration of response was just under six months.

Before receiving Botox, patients should be checked for other causes of the sweating problem, such as an overactive thyroid, to avoid Botox treatment masking a potentially serious disease, FDA cautioned.

Side effects include injection site pain and bleeding, sweating in other parts of the body, flu-like symptoms, headache, fever, itching and anxiety, FDA said.

Dermatologists have long offered Botox to hyperhidrosis sufferers, but FDA approval means maker Allergan Inc. now can advertise the use. Allergan says price varies geographically but the average cost is $750 for both arms.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
BrainPaint, can this get moved to off-topic? It doesn't relate to politics one bit.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
BrainPaint, can this get moved to off-topic? It doesn't relate to politics one bit.

Sure it does. Kerry is running for President and he stinks. Can't you take a joke? Oh, I guess you can since you want to take Kerry.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry...at the risk of being a hypocrite because of my own silly post in the poltical forum.....I have to agree with Eric on this one.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Sorry...at the risk of being a hypocrite because of my own silly post in the poltical forum.....I have to agree with Eric on this one.
You at least remain neutral when dealing with things.

A botox joke coming from Cajun is lame. Of course If I didn't bump it up by posting something it would of been ignored anyway.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
You at least remain neutral when dealing with things.

A botox joke coming from Cajun is lame. Of course If I didn't bump it up by posting something it would of been ignored anyway.

Fine. Then do not ever allow any political jokes, cartoons, or jabs at any candidate any more. Brain, this is just hypocritical to say that this doesn't belong here. IT's a joke. But by all means, bow to tha alter of eric and his nonsense.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Fine. Then do not ever allow any political jokes, cartoons, or jabs at any candidate any more. Brain, this is just hypocritical to say that this doesn't belong here. IT's a joke. But by all means, bow to tha alter of eric and his nonsense.
Here is some
cheese.gif

to go with your whine.