Bottom Line

Pokes12

Reaction score
Iggs are 7-1 and just got better with Ajay
Pokes are 4-3 and just got worse with the loss of Zeke
Does the FO even care? No movement yesterday to improve the defense.
8-8 is a real possibility now
Oh Well, the FO says, the suckers will continue to buy the tickets, the beer, the pizzas and the gear no matter how bad our football team is.
Thank you, Mr. Jones for not caring about winning.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No movement yesterday to improve the defense.
Did you really think there would be? Frankly anyone that did had their expectations probably set too high. Aside from a small role players, the Cowboys weren't going to make any moves.

Also, not sure how much Ajayi helps Philly who already has the #4 running game this year.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yawn. Our needs are an MLB better than Hitch, 1-Tech, maybe a CB or a safety better than what we have.I don't think many teams are in a position to give that up. I didn't see any of those positions move yesterday.

Philly needs an MLB too. Did they get one yesterday? Nope, they got an RB with 0 TDs and a 3.4 YPC.

LoneStarDawg

Reaction score
I don’t understand what some people expected. I really don’t mean that sarcasticly. I think some expected some blockbuster deal that was never going to happen. It is what it is! I don’t know that adding one defensive player all of a sudden makes that big of a difference on defense. Again, if a deal would’ve been made it wasn’t like some superstar player was going to be involved. Zeke’s situation should be considered no more than an injury for six weeks. You don’t go trade draft picks for a player you know will have back and even further it’s not an injury so don’t have to worry about how he performs when he returns. It’s obviously not a good spot to be in right now, but you don’t trade future picks at this point. Just my take! You certainly don’t have to agree with it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
lol. Improve the defense. Our defense is basically young. What so called vets are we gonna get thru trade that will make our d improve?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Oh Well, the FO says, the suckers will continue to buy the tickets, the beer, the pizzas and the gear no matter how bad our football team is.

What did you want, another stupid trade deadline Roy Williams and a 7th round pick for a 1st , 3rd and 6th round picks, that worked out well!!!

Did you actually think you're getting a player like Aaron Donald out of the Rams for some low round pick???

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
giphy.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh Well, the FO says, the suckers will continue to buy the tickets, the beer, the pizzas and the gear and watch the games sitting on their couches and make a quadrillion internet posts thus elevating the marketability of the franchise by a factor of 10,000 no matter how bad our football team is.
Fixed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yawn. Our needs are an MLB better than Hitch, 1-Tech, maybe a CB or a safety better than what we have.I don't think many teams are in a position to give that up. I didn't see any of those positions move yesterday.

Philly needs an MLB too. Did they get one yesterday? Nope, they got an RB with 0 TDs and a 3.4 YPC.

I suspect their defense won't fall apart having Hicks out. Maybe not as good but with that front four and their safeties, they are still going to field a defense much better than we will.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

I agree with most of your points but I think Ajay is better that his statistics show, 44% of his carries were hits behind the line of scrimmage, that tells me the O-line is the problem in Miami, not Ajay....He'll give Philly a good balance and help in the passing game with Blount used more in short yardage...

Sydla

Reaction score
lol. Improve the defense. Our defense is basically young. What so called vets are we gonna get thru trade that will make our d improve?

Indy seemed open for business.

Make an offer for Hankins. He fills the 1 Tech, allows you to move Collins back to his better position, the 3 Tech.

He also can be cut in the 2018 league year for no dead money. His guaranteed cash was paid up front by the Colts.

These are the type of moves this franchise should be all over.......... guys with a solid track record and aren't on contracts that kill them 2-3 years down the road. Bennie Logan making $7MM this year on a one year deal is something they should have been all over last offseason.

But nah. Had to hit the bargain bin where they found a beat up Stephen Paea who Marinelli loved.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I suspect their defense won't fall apart having Hicks out. Maybe not as good but with that front four and their safeties, they are still going to field a defense much better than we will.

We'll see. With Lee in we average 18 PPG with Hicks they average 19 PPG. We're getting more pressure than they are, but they've beat us badly in turnovers. It's going to be a battle. .

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree with most of your points but I think Ajay is better that his statistics show, 44% of his carries were hits behind the line of scrimmage, that tells me the O-line is the problem in Miami, not Ajay....He'll give Philly a good balance and help in the passing game with Blount used more in short yardage...

The other thing.......... the Eagles RBs have been terrible at pass blocking. It's a big reason Wentz is getting hit a lot. Blount, Smallwood are just not very good blockers. Ajayi is supposedly improved in that area.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

We'll see. Miami doesn't have jack behind him and thinks he's knees are catching up with him. I expect him to be better with Philly's line, but I'm not expecting a huge different in their overall running game.

Sydla

Reaction score
We'll see. With Lee in we average 18 PPG with Hicks they average 19 PPG. We're getting more pressure than they are, but they've beat us badly in turnovers. It's going to be a battle. .

For one, it's not like the gap in pressuring the QB is large. They are like 7th and we are 4th.

They also are infinitely better at stopping the run, ranked #1 or #2 in the league, I believe. And if you go to the advanced stats like Football Outsiders, it's not really that close.

Forget points per game. What about points per drive with Lee and with Hicks? I suspect Philly is better there.

They have a better defense. There's no shame in admitting that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Back away from the ledge. It's gonna be alright.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Indy seemed open for business.

Make an offer for Hankins. He fills the 1 Tech, allows you to move Collins back to his better position, the 3 Tech.

Open for business? They didn't make a single deadline trade.

As for offers, I'm not sure why people assume none were made just because a trade didn't happen. We don't know what was or was not discussed, with the Colts or anyone else.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
For one, it's not like the gap in pressuring the QB is large. They are like 7th and we are 4th.

They also are infinitely better at stopping the run, ranked #1 or #2 in the league, I believe. And if you go to the advanced stats like Football Outsiders, it's not really that close.

Forget points per game. What about points per drive with Lee and with Hicks? I suspect Philly is better there.

They have a better defense. There's no shame in admitting that.

I have conceded that it is better, I just think its closer than people think. Having Lee--and to a lesser degree--Hitchens back makes a huge difference that is not reflected in the stats if you're looking at the entire season.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
We don't trade and people complain.
We do trade and people will complain we gave up too much.

This is the NFL. Teams don't normally trade away good players unless you give up too much. Ajayi hasn't done very much in his career outside of a few great games last year. Also, it sounds like his knees are on the verge of exploding. He doesn't worry me. With Lee back we have been much better up front. The secondary is what scares me. Hopefully that improves as the year goes on and hopefully they, at some point, stick Heath back on the bench.