Bottom of the roster will look a lot different

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I keep hearing about guys like McQuistan, Proctor, Austin, Hurd, Glymp, etc, etc. The guys on the roster that everybody dreams turns into a solid NFL player but most of the time is never more than a career backup.

I think there is a good chance a lot of these guys don't make the team next year; not because they don't have ability or good qualities, but because there is a new regime in town. Typically new coaches don't keep the same "project" type players that the past coach liked. I'm not saying all of these guys are going to be gone but I don't really think it's reasonable to expect any of them to make meaningful contributions long term. Hopefully a couple of them stick around as special teamers but it's not realistic to expect them to start.

Even guys like Crayton, Watkins, Reeves, and heck even Ellis are going to have to earn their spots on the team and it will probably be more uphill than it ever was before, at least since they were rookies.

So, I'm not going to be getting too attached to any practice squad players, backups, UDFAs, or 7th round picks until training camp at the earliest. Then we'll have a much better idea how the coaching staff evaluates these players.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
I am not sure how it will all turn out, but i would think that Austin sticks around.

If Thompson had not been hurt letting Austin get a chance at returns, i think he would be gone, but b/c of his return ability i think he stays.

I think Hurd could possibly be gone, and i definitely think Proctor is a possibility.

We'll see i guess.