Boxing: Canelo vs GGG

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ok. So this was a real good fight.

Triple GGG brought the pressure... was too apprehensive and careful at times.
That cost him the fight.

Canelo is a great, great fighter. He came to fight. He brought it. But... he could never hurt triple GGG. He figured it out and ran a little.

When on the ropes, triple GGG would go all out. He was too careful and too respectful of Canelo power.

With that said... triple GGG should have got the decision.

At least two more fights for these guys.... hoping cinco de mayo

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. So this was a real good fight.

Triple GGG brought the pressure... was too apprehensive and careful at times.
That cost him the fight.

Canelo is a great, great fighter. He came to fight. He brought it. But... he could never hurt triple GGG. He figured it out and ran a little.

When on the ropes, triple GGG would go all out. He was too careful and too respectful of Canelo power.

With that said... triple GGG should have got the decision.

At least two more fights for these guys.... hoping cinco de mayo
GGG will be 7 1/2 months older by then. He ain't getting any younger.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Everybody knows ggg won the fight. With that said I think it was a real good fight. I think Canelo just started to get real tired and when he saw ggg was taking his power shots he went counter and defensive. I think he knew he was losing that's why he stepped it up the last 2 rounds. As far as ggg once he withstood the early Canelo pressure he just kept on coming. I couldn't believe how much stamina
Ggg had all fight..dude would not stop. He even took a hit that had Khan seeing unicorns.

The decision is what it is.. I would pay to see a rematch.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Everybody knows ggg won the fight. With that said I think it was a real good fight. I think Canelo just started to get real tired and when he saw ggg was taking his power shots he went counter and defensive. I think he knew he was losing that's why he stepped it up the last 2 rounds. As far as ggg once he withstood the early Canelo pressure he just kept on coming. I couldn't believe how much stamina
Ggg had all fight..dude would not stop. He even took a hit that had Khan seeing unicorns.

The decision is what it is.. I would pay to see a rematch.

Agreed. He just kept coming.

But... you don't give away the first 2-3 rounds.... and THEN.... let your opponent get the championship rounds.

I saw this happen before... a few times.... I saw the draw coming when it ended.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Judging was an embarrassment, as was the announcers saying a tie is good for fans, especially when it was clear there was a real winner.

They completely blew a chance to win over the casual fans coming off Mayweather/McGregor by once again showing how corrupt the sport is.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Judging was an embarrassment, as was the announcers saying a tie is good for fans, especially when it was clear there was a real winner.

They completely blew a chance to win over the casual fans coming off Mayweather/McGregor by once again showing how corrupt the sport is.
I disagree with the casual fans.. I'm a casual fan as is almost everyone I watched the fight with. We're still talking about the fight to this day. I also think the only issue was the judging at the end but the actual fight was definitely a good watch.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I disagree with the casual fans.. I'm a casual fan as is almost everyone I watched the fight with. We're still talking about the fight to this day. I also think the only issue was the judging at the end but the actual fight was definitely a good watch.

The actual fight was good, but I'm surprised that as a casual fan, paying $80 to watch the fight, you were happy with a draw and willing to shell out another $80 knowing the result of that fight doesn't matter either because they'll fight a 3rd time. Maybe even a 4th if they split those.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

But that's how wins and losses are decided.

Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The actual fight was good, but I'm surprised that as a casual fan, paying $80 to watch the fight, you were happy with a draw and willing to shell out another $80 knowing the result of that fight doesn't matter either because they'll fight a 3rd time. Maybe even a 4th if they split those.
Well you know how it is with most paper view fights. You usually have a guy hosting the event and everybody else just shows up to the party. I showed up with beer and didn't think twice about the price paid for the fight. I personally wouldn't spend any money on a fight myself.. I'm fortunate that im always invited ;)