Boye Mafe is my target

The Realist

Reaction score
I like Williams because I see comparable players. Mafe is basically Williams without the character issues

I think Williams is a much better player and has been from first year in college til now. The production speaks for itself.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd agree that Mafe and Williams are very similar players. Their measurables (out the roof), their production, their strengths and weaknesses... really really close. Ebikatabe is right there too.

But Mafe and Arnold don't have the extracurricular problems... and I'm trying to think of the last problem child the Cowboys drafted who didn't cause problems as a pro. Just done with those guys.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Loved to get him but I would be surprised if he is there when we pick.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'd agree that Mafe and Williams are very similar players. Their measurables (out the roof), their production, their strengths and weaknesses... really really close. Ebikatabe is right there too.

But Mafe and Arnold don't have the extracurricular problems... and I'm trying to think of the last problem child the Cowboys drafted who didn't cause problems as a pro. Just done with those guys.

This…the only thing worse than taking Williams in the 2nd would be passing on someone like Mafe/Ebiketie/Bonnito to take Williams.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I like Williams because I see comparable players. Mafe is basically Williams without the character issues
Idc bout his character concerns putting up double digit sacks in the SEC is a big deal. The only knock is he wasnt able to beat the elite tackles in the SEC. He wasnt effective against neal or cross. Moved to the opposite side.