Boys are More talented than end of last Season

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Pacman+Jenkins+Scandrick >>> Reeves+Jones+Davis
F. Jones + Choice >>>> J. Jones + T. Thompson
Bennett >= Fasano Jury still out on this one
Zack Thomas >>> Ayodele
Tank + Ratliff >>> Fergy

I say this team is younger (except Zack) Faster and more talented. If only we could of gotten Phillips and Sat Roy down.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
How many games have Bennet, Jones, Choice, Jenkins and Scandrick played in the NFL?

Yeah, I thought so.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't argue with that.....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Healthy T. Glenn > Injured T. Glenn

2nd year Stanback > 1st year Stanback

Can't really say there's any area where we're worse off.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
No doubt we're stacked. We return every starter from a 13-3 team (I don't consider losing Julius Jones as losing a starter since we all knew Barber was going to be the starter this season), and we solidified our biggest weakness in a huge way: corner. We're also much more talented and deep at RB with added versatility. We're going to be hard to handle this fall.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2059371 said:
Zack Thomas >>> Ayodele
Tank + Ratliff >>> Fergy

I say this team is younger (except Zack) Faster and more talented. If only we could of gotten Phillips and Sat Roy down.

I'll take it.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I forgot about trading Akin, but we're going to be better off with Zack Thomas anyway, and I also think Carpenter and Burnett will see more time and are both better than Akin.

nathanlt

Reaction score
IF the Cowboys made 6 picks in this draft, and somehow ended up WORSE than last year, they all should be shot.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Lets not forget Romo in his 2nd year in same offense and will get better because last year BELIEVE IT OR NOT was only his 1st season as a starter in the NFL, even though he plays like a 10 year vet!

That and Hatcher/Canty/Spencer/Ratliff/Carpenter/Stanbach/Austin/Hurd are all more experienced and will be better also.

Oh, and the O-line with a whole year of continuity which can't be underestimated, all that and what you mentioned above and how we took last years bigest weakness, #3 and #4 C.B. depth and turned it into the biggest strength on the team!
When your a 13-3 team with 13 pro-bowlers and you turn your biggest weakness of last year into your biggest strength, your on your way to a superbowl IMO!
Give us Roy Williams and I'd bet a million dollars we'd win the superbowl!
But even without him, our team is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above any other NFC Team and that includes the Giants!
We should have home field again, 14-2 should be the norm the next 5 years, and we should at least make the superbowl and hav a great shot at winning one.
This team is not only built to win now, but built to win for the next 5-8 years!
This is gonna be a nice long run of superbowls boys, so hang on for the ride!

Shady12

Reaction score
And our return game has gone from blah to a deadly weapon. Pacman will probably score a TD or three, and just give us better starting field position overall on PR's.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
08-09 Special Teams >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 07-08 Special Teams

This really might be the biggest. We are going to be explosive everytime on KO and PR

cml750

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2059492 said:
2008 #38 > 2007 #31?

If he isn't we should have enough flexibility in our secondary to let him ride the pine and make him the highest paid special team player in the league

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Wow.....if we do not win a playoff game next year.......I will go off the deep end!

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Shady12;2059508 said:
And our return game has gone from blah to a deadly weapon. Pacman will probably score a TD or three, and just give us better starting field position overall on PR's.

Assuming he's reinstated:D

StylisticS

Reaction score
numnuts23;2059517 said:
08-09 Special Teams >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 07-08 Special Teams

This really might be the biggest. We are going to be explosive everytime on KO and PR

especially KO and hopefully Folk can boom the kicks into the end zone. Games were to close because teams had started possessions with good field position.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2059371 said:
Zack Thomas >>> Ayodele
Tank + Ratliff >>> Fergy

theogt;2059420 said:
Healthy T. Glenn > Injured T. Glenn

2nd year Stanback > 1st year Stanback

Can't really say there's any area where we're worse off.

Works for me. ;)