Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

robjay04

Reaction score
I am excited to see what the interest in the guy comes from. It is a dice roll but obviously the team has done some homework.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It is a dice roll. I don't think it will affect the draft.

Oh, I think it will. It's another player helping to shore up a weak spot that may allow them to push DE to a 2nd-4th round target area instead of 1st. If they can sign a CB and a RB as well, I still think that says QB in round 1.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
It is a dice roll. I don't think it will affect the draft.

nor do I, what they have here is a young guy with some actual nfl tape--someone posted an article in here when he was with the hawks..at least it looks like the kid has some upside, now it is just up to him to unleash it..either way good depth added

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...boys-player-now-oakland-raiders-decline-offer

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Maybe they already said they wouldn't match.

You're probably right...I just figured that they would either match at some point or simply say nothing and let the clock expire.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If it means no Mincey I am happy, if it means no early draft pick for the dline it is delusional.

LandryFan

Reaction score
I think Alexander just posted a tweet from his agent stating it was official

I'm sure it's just my lack of knowledge, but I didn't think it could become "official" until 4 pm EST tomorrow (deadline for Raiders' match) regardless of what an agent says.

LandryFan

Reaction score
They can inform the NFL office of their decision to match or decline at any time during the 5 days. Once they notify the NFL office, it's official.

Thanks. I thought they had to let the clock expire.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
From what I read , he can play many positions, DE LB ST so he isnt just DE.
They can play him on ST and LB and DE.

John813

Reaction score
It's a fair deal, especially for someone with youth and a chance at a decent upside.