News: BR: 10 Ways You Know You're a Dallas Cowboys Fan

NewsBot

Reaction score
Are you a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Are you sure?

Personally, I have been accused of being a Cowboys ''hater'' because of what I write on Bleacher Report. At the risk of discrediting myself in the field of journalism, I confidently admit that I am a fan of America's Team … and there is not a bigger fan in the entire country.

How about you—are you satisfied with this present mess?

Here I offer 10 points that will identify a true Cowboys fan.

Now, if you disagree with all or most of the following, ask yourself the following two questions.

Are you an eternal optimist?

Are you delusional?

If your answer to the first question is yes, then there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, my hat's off to you.

If your answer to the second question is also yes, then you have to decide for yourself exactly what is the value of this offering.

I cried the evening following Dwight Clark's historic touchdown catch in San Francisco in January of 1982. I did the same following Alvin Harper's equally big catch in January of 1993 in another NFC Championship Game at San Francisco, albeit for a very different reason.

No, I haven't seen it all concerning Cowboys' history. I can't help the fact I was too busy training to become a Jedi Knight while Roger Staubach was winding down—but I did catch on once I realized that all attempts to make a light saber would ultimately fail.

America's Team was losing ''the force'' but they were real life each and every Sunday—take way a few Mondays and Thanksgiving, provided I could stay awake after eating too much turkey before the game.

The United States was founded by men who realized that royalty wasn't the way to go. In that near-extinct, old-world government, you either had a good king or queen—or not.

Fifty percent isn't very good odds.

Well, the Cowboys represent the NFL's best version of a familial dynasty. As a citizen or fan of that kingdom, decide for yourself where exactly you fall.

Here's the scoop: Cowboys owner and general manger Jerry Jones is your king. Forget figurehead head coach Jason Garrett, who is a mere court jester amidst Jones' dominion.

Satisfied?

Here's a list of reasons to see if you really are a fan of America's Team and of Cowboys nation, the largest fanbase in the world of team sports.

Begin Slideshow

Continue reading...