THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
source.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We aren’t a playoff team without Dak.

The level of improvement our defense makes can help propel us only if we have Dak, our OL and offense in high gear.

This defense isn’t going to be good enough to carry us without Dak. And that’s a Dak fully recovered playing at a high level for most of 17 games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dalton averaged 21 points a game. Dak averaged 32.

And yah, if the defense was passable we win more games.
Yep

A great defense might have carried us to a win or two more. But it also might have won a couple more games with Dak.

This defense won’t be improved enough to carry us without Dak and the backup QB’s we currently have on the bench.

But without Dalton we probably don’t win 6 games which it could be argued finishing 3-13 or 4-12 might have helped us more .

That’s a tough argument because you always want to be in the playoff hunt. Our awful division provided us contention only winning 6 games otherwise we’d probably been better off losing out. Hard to say.

We’ll see how this season goes and if finishing out winning a few games helps our state of mind and momentum heading into this season. Or if we’d been better off with those higher picks in the draft and being out of competition early last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep

A great defense might have carried us to a win or two more. But it also might have won a couple more games with Dak.

This defense won’t be improved enough to carry us without Dak and the backup QB’s we currently have on the bench.

But without Dalton we probably don’t win 6 games which it could be argued finishing 3-13 or 4-12 might have helped us more .

That’s a tough argument because you always want to be in the playoff hunt. Our awful division provided us contention only winning 6 games otherwise we’d probably been better off losing out. Hard to say.

We’ll see how this season goes and if finishing out winning a few games helps our state of mind and momentum heading into this season. Or if we’d been better off with those higher picks in the draft and being out of competition early last year.

I dont think there is any question that winning a few games hurt us. Why would anyone on the team care what they did with Dalton at QB? We could have been where Philly was and been the one to trade down and get an extra 1st rounder next year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"Below mediocre"? That's a stretch, even for someone who dislikes Dak.
Yea, it’s senseless feeding the trolls. Even Daks harshest critics place him 8th-12th in the league.

This fan must think 3/4 of the leagues QB’s are below mediocre. We really need a separate forum for these type of members. It truly diminishes the quality of this site.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I dont think there is any question that winning a few games hurt us. Why would anyone on the team care what they did with Dalton at QB? We could have been where Philly was and been the one to trade down and get an extra 1st rounder next year.
In hindsight I’d have to agree. But in the moment it’s tough to argue against staying in contention for division. If we’d been in any other division it wouldn’t have mattered .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All I can say is I am more interested in winning a championship and to do that it will take this offense lead by Dak and this defense to get things turned around. I don't care where we rank offense or where we rank on defense I want to see this group rank as a top NFL team. Winning is going to take this entire team to step up and make the plays especially in those key moments of a game that tend to be the difference of winning or losing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All I can say is I am more interested in winning a championship and to do that it will take this offense lead by Dak and this defense to get things turned around. I don't care where we rank offense or where we rank on defense I want to see this group rank as a top NFL team. Winning is going to take this entire team to step up and make the plays especially in those key moments of a game that tend to be the difference of winning or losing.

Surely you can see the correlation between higher rankings and winning correct?