News: BR: Tony Pollard: "I thought I would probably have a better year than I am now"

Cebrin

Reaction score
To be fair to both Pollard and Zeke, this OL isn't getting it done on run plays very often. I think we need both a RT and C in the draft. Biad is serviceable, but doesn't move the needle. He gets pushed around a lot. Steele has had a really rough year coming back from injury.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I didn't. I've seen what happens to 2nd RB's when they are given the majority of snaps.

It wore Barber down. It exposed Joe Randal.

There is a big difference between coming in fresh to a fatigued defense after it's been pummeled by a power back behind an aggressive O-line and coming in play #1 when the defense is fresh, motivated and inspired.
I’ve seen what happens when the RB consistently gets tackled at the LOS because he has no blocking!

Pollard’s blocking has been consistently bad this year AND some of you think we have a RB issue not a blocking issue!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I didn't. I've seen what happens to 2nd RB's when they are given the majority of snaps.

It wore Barber down. It exposed Joe Randal.

There is a big difference between coming in fresh to a fatigued defense after it's been pummeled by a power back behind an aggressive O-line and coming in play #1 when the defense is fresh, motivated and inspired.
That leg injury robbed him of his elite speed.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’ve seen what happens when the RB consistently gets tackled at the LOS because he has no blocking!

Pollard’s blocking has been consistently bad this year AND some of you think we have a RB issue not a blocking issue!
He’s slow man.