Brad Kaaya

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas liked him in the draft and supposedly were going to take him in the 6th

I always thought there was alot to work with there. If Dallas wanted him on the PS right now, would they have to sign him to the 53 first and then cut him?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I always thought there was alot to work with there. If Dallas wanted him on the PS right now, would they have to sign him to the 53 first and then cut him?
No they just have to wait for him to clear waivers this time and then invite him to join our PS ...he cant be forced on to it

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No they just have to wait for him to clear waivers this time and then invite him to join our PS ...he cant be forced on to it
Ah good. I thought maybe they had to jump through some hoops like adding him to the 53 and cutting him.

Would like to see him on the PS.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Do you think Kaaya is an idiot?

It would be monumentally stupid for a developmental QB to abandon the system he's learning for another. Without being in camp here, he'd do nothing but watch practice all year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather have Taylor Heineke who was cut from the Vikings.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Do you think Kaaya is an idiot?

It would be monumentally stupid for a developmental QB to abandon the system he's learning for another. Without being in camp here, he'd do nothing but watch practice all year.
Bye Felicia

Verdict

Reaction score
ah, didn't realize he was claimed on their 53...good for him

I may be wrong about this but I think if a team claims a player he must go to the 53 man roster. I also think if you steal someone off another team's practice squad he must go to your 53 and stay on it for so long.

Anyone want to weigh in on the accuracy of my post?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I may be wrong about this but I think if a team claims a player he must go to the 53 man roster.

If a player is claimed off waivers, they have no choice. Once a player clears waivers, then they do not have to sign with any team

I also think if you steal someone off another team's practice squad he must go to your 53 and stay on it for so long.

They are guaranteed 3 weeks pay, but can be released at anytime

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Claimed on waivers within 24 hours.
Automatically on the 53.

Signed to PS after clearing waivers.
Players choice on where to sign.

Player on practice squad.
Must be signed to new team's 53. Player's choice to sign.

If signed and later released.
Must go through waivers. Can only add to PS if player clears waivers.