Twitter: Brad Sham to fans: Enjoy the journey

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am enjoying it, but fans do look ahead. It is what we do, and are allowed to do. It is how one keeps it in perspective looking forward, as to what to expect for real and dreams.
I look at the schedule, I look at what other teams do and their schedule.

I root for teams that will help us in this order. Yes I know, there are those out there....well if you can't do it on your own...but that is not the point. But not the time to get into that.
Qualify for the playoffs.
Win the division.
Win HFA.

Then be playoff ready.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Does Brad know something? Has the league finally decided to give the trophy back after all these years?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Brad is probably the best student of Cowboys history at this moment. I wondered how he felt about this team. I couldn't find much on google or social media. That quote though tells me he can feel it too, something special is brewing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah maybe don't lecture us, Brad. We've been on this journey for a quarter of a century.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? I gotta pee.
Cowboy fans are so desperate after all of these years. We really need to go ahead and have parade now. Lol

th

Ren

Reaction score
He’s seen it all historically bad to dynasties. When you see this kind of comment from him you know you’re watching something special, let’s hope it lasts

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You thought they'd struggle in the last three blowouts. You're exactly who he's talking to. Maybe listen?
That’s not true. I said yesterday a thread in Jints would be an easy win. Panthers was only one I suggested caution.

And I’ve also said this team feels different with finally having a frikin defense. Enjoy the ride.

But I’ve caution to pump the brakes on heading to LA in February.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thinking about this this morning, I was around in the 90's like many of you and game 16 or 17 gets here quick, some times you look back and think where did it go?

Note that this could be a special season and enjoy the ride and every game, it is gonna be fun.

Reactions: BAT

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s seen it all historically bad to dynasties. When you see this kind of comment from him you know you’re watching something special, let’s hope it lasts
I love Brad. Best ever Cowboys broadcaster. But remember he works for Jethro.

He’s right. It does appear to be something different this year. Like many of us long time critics and skeptics have also said. Enjoy the journey. But we aren’t raising the Lombardi yet. There’s a sharp difference . And Brad stopped short of that.

Also if we fall short it’s just going to make it more painful. We know as we’ve been around since our greatest heartbreaks beginning with Ice Bowl.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sham has been around long enough to know it is all about the destination for Cowboys fans. That, is the journey for Cowboys fans.

Booger only cares about the journey if the fans are buying stuff along the way.

I wonder if he's considering the old Stuckey's business plan with Cowboys stores across the land? Pecan log and an Elliott t shirt.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is just Cowboys fan nature but where we were comparing ourselves to the Giants and WFT before the season, we now compare ourselves to TB, GB and LAR.

And those that would caution that would use who have they played and point out the negatives, like pass defense, but there is one major difference between those teams and this one, they don't even behave or look the same.

Back in 2014 and 2016, I still had that feeling that this team wasn't the best in the NFC and they proved they were not.

This team just has a different feel to it and the confidence in each other and the coaching staff is more apparent.

I was confident they would win the East before the season started and those 3 teams up there in that first sentence don't scare me. I believe the Cowboys are a true contender.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It is just Cowboys fan nature but where we were comparing ourselves to the Giants and WFT before the season, we now compare ourselves to TB, GB and LAR.

And those that would caution that would use who have they played and point out the negatives, like pass defense, but there is one major difference between those teams and this one, they don't even behave or look the same.

Back in 2014 and 2016, I still had that feeling that this team wasn't the best in the NFC and they proved they were not.

This team just has a different feel to it and the confidence in each other and the coaching staff is more apparent.

I was confident they would win the East before the season started and those 3 teams up there in that first sentence don't scare me. I believe the Cowboys are a true contender.

Meh. The only team that has allowed more pass yardage this year is Tampa and they're dominating too. When you're a high powered offense, you're going to get thrown on as teams constantly try to play catch up.

It's tough to take the passing yards stats serious with today's aerial assaults. However, what worries me, and where it does bite you is the Playoffs, especially if you're not a team NOT used to getting shut down.

But the # I'm watching and that worries me are sacks and/or QB pressures. Diggs is going to need it as people start focusing on reducing the takeaways. Dak and Zeke will tell you they only go as far as the oline, and Diggs admits the same for his turnovers and the dline.