Bradie James

DR.WARE

Reaction score
can we give this guy some credit. Hes having one of his best years ever and no one really is saying anything about him.

I remember reading a lot of bradie sucks he shouldnt be playing on this board.

Im happy with his play and happy hes on the cowboys

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
DR.WARE;2494348 said:
can we give this guy some credit. Hes having one of his best years ever and no one really is saying anything about him.

Dude is a beast. I'm glad I was wrong about him two years ago. He is playing out of his mind and I believe a lot of that has to do with Wade.

Reaction score
Bradie James should definitely go to the Pro Bowl this year... He's playing out of his mind right now!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bill Parcells had this guy almost driven from the NFL.

Wade Phillips makes him a probowler.

adamknite

Reaction score
I don't know why our fans have been calling for his head for the past 3 years here, but it's really sad that a good player like that can't get any love from his own fan base.

Reaction score
DR.WARE;2494348 said:

Ya! He will be in the probowl!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
adamknite;2494365 said:
I don't know why our fans have been calling for his head for the past 3 years here, but it's really sad that a good player like that can't get any love from his own fan base.

I believe he's getting it now. You've gotta earn it you know. ;)

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
DR.WARE;2494348 said:

Amen brother. I dunno where folks have been getting it from. His numbers were down from last year, but because of Zach Thomas, he hasn't had to carry the load, so he's been able to do more things and I think since Wade took over, he's being used much better. I also think Zach has been the key to Bradie being better b/c again, James doesn't have to carry the load. He can blitz and Thomas will take care of things (or at least not let things get out of control in the middle). Stats will show ZT had an off year but I he's contributed in so many other ways that stats don't show

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
They finally don't have him 20 yards down the field in coverage.

And the fact that Antonio Pierce can't cover a wet bag makes Bradie look that much better :laugh2:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
theogt;2494364 said:

Bill Parcells also spent a first round pick on Bobby Carpenter.

Anyone really honestly miss the Tuna? Seriously?

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
He is what he always has been, a downhill player. I think he is benefiting as much as anybody from Wade taking over the defensive play calling and being put into situations where he can excel.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I'll chime in. I was one of his detractors.....I give him his props though. The guy has been a beast this year. I still think ILB is a major priority. :eek::

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
adamknite;2494365 said:

Because he was lost at times. And his coverage skills are still not great. But he has found his niche.

Future;2494569 said:
They finally don't have him 20 yards down the field in coverage.

And the fact that Antonio Pierce can't cover a wet bag makes Bradie look that much better :laugh2:

That'd be a big reason. That and turning him loose on the QB. With him, Ellis, Spencer, Ratliff, and Ware it's no wonder we are leading the league in sacks and destroying offenses. No one wants to play the Dallas Cowboys right now.

casmith07;2494572 said:

I do. Esp his press conferences. I'd love for him to be here as the GM. He's too conservative for me at times. But he's a HOF coach. Only the second one we've ever had.

Aikbach

Reaction score
casmith07;2494572 said:

I liked his no nonsense attitude with the media but honestly he had always been a hit and miss drafter at every stop and Dallas might well have been his most stressful coaching job since he didn't have brilliant tenured assistants as he did in every other stop.

Let us not forget he was able to delegate to Belicheck and Coughlin and Ron Erhardt during his Giants days and Belicheck, Al Groh in Boston and with the Jets.

In Dallas he chose a poor staff, Sean Payton and Tony Sparano being the lone quality staff members in his four year tenure, everyone else was filler.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;2494649 said:
I do. Esp his press conferences. I'd love for him to be here as the GM. He's too conservative for me at times. But he's a HOF coach. Only the second one we've ever had.
We had one really good draft under him. We've had two absolutely fantastic offseasons since then.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
theogt;2494364 said:

Now THERE is an example of poor coaching.

Lets use Bradie James like Brian Urlacher and run a cover-2 with him and have him running down the field with tight ends. Combined with Roy in coverage, and it was disaster.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
yea ive thought all year that James has gotten unfair amount of hate. i mean he is slow and will stink up in coverage at times lol but thats more of being put in bad situations. when he is blitzing and attacking the run he is a very good player! i dont blame him for getting beat by TE's because not too many MLB's are great at it even the great Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher. He is been a great leader for this team and performed at a high level!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I have noticed there haven't been any "Bradie James completely sucks" crowds around lately. That's been particularly nice.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Sometimes all you need is the coach to put you in the right position to succeed. Sometimes, it's not the players but the scheme or the coach.

Aikbach

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2494682 said:
Now THERE is an example of poor coaching.

Lets use Bradie James like Brian Urlacher and run a cover-2 with him and have him running down the field with tight ends. Combined with Roy in coverage, and it was disaster.
If the defense keeps this momentum into 2009 you may see the reclamation of Roy, let's face it, Keith Davis and Courtney Brown/ Anthony Henry are band aides but the front seven made them serviceable.

Roy Williams could return to rookie form behind the play of the present front seven.