Bradie James

JBond

Reaction score
casmith07;2494572 said:
Bill Parcells also spent a first round pick on Bobby Carpenter.

Anyone really honestly miss the Tuna? Seriously?

Is this your best argument?

JBond

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2494555 said:
Amen brother. I dunno where folks have been getting it from. His numbers were down from last year, but because of Zach Thomas, he hasn't had to carry the load, so he's been able to do more things and I think since Wade took over, he's being used much better. I also think Zach has been the key to Bradie being better b/c again, James doesn't have to carry the load. He can blitz and Thomas will take care of things (or at least not let things get out of control in the middle). Stats will show ZT had an off year but I he's contributed in so many other ways that stats don't show

Great post.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Clove;2494697 said:
Sometimes all you need is the coach to put you in the right position to succeed. Sometimes, it's not the players but the scheme or the coach.
The 1990s Cowboys are the best example,loads of above average players that looked great in the system i.e Alvin Harper and Jay Novacek on offense and Larry Brown and most of he linebackers on defense.

JBond

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2494689 said:
I have noticed there haven't been any "Bradie James completely sucks" crowds around lately. That's been particularly nice.

The kids see him making plays. Braddie is a player!

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Aikbach;2494704 said:
If the defense keeps this momentum into 2009 you may see the reclamation of Roy, let's face it, Keith Davis and Courtney Brown/ Anthony Henry are band aides but the front seven made them serviceable.

Roy Williams could return to rookie form behind the play of the present front seven.

Oh Dear God, no. I'm just starting to get used to TEs not eating our lunch every week (for example, Kevin Boss only caught 1 pass tonight)

Aikbach

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2494772 said:
Oh Dear God, no. I'm just starting to get used to TEs not eating our lunch every week (for example, Kevin Boss only caught 1 pass tonight)
That has more to do with 53 sacks than anything else.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Bradie James deserves to be in the Pro Bowl. He is playing like King Kong.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Aikbach;2494704 said:
If the defense keeps this momentum into 2009 you may see the reclamation of Roy, let's face it, Keith Davis and Courtney Brown/ Anthony Henry are band aides but the front seven made them serviceable.

Roy Williams could return to rookie form behind the play of the present front seven.

Good point. Did not even think of that. However, it could be we are finally seeing this performance because he is NOT out there, and OC's are not able to target him on every play. Not saying this is the case, just a possibility.

The problem with him, is that when he's in on 1st and 2nd down, you can run or pass on those downs, so if we call a run blitz expecting a run, he may be singled up on a TE or running back. As long as we keep him close to the LOS, I like what he brings to the table.

SharutoX

I Love Quiznos
Reaction score
I thought he was decent until wade took over and now he seems so much better.

Aikbach

Reaction score
SharutoX;2494801 said:
I thought he was decent until wade took over and now he seems so much better.
He reminds me of John Mobley, that Denver linebacker in the mid-90s.

I also think Ware is on pace to be the NFL's greatest EVER linebacker and the quickest to 100 sacks.

JBond

Reaction score
theogt;2494781 said:
Wasting 1st round picks is apparently no big deal.

You hit and miss. Look at Cincy, Det, Chiefs, etc. They are making some good and some bad decisions. Was he my first choice? NO. One draft pick does not make a career.

theogt, I expected something more. Relax. We won!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Future;2494569 said:
They finally don't have him 20 yards down the field in coverage.

And the fact that Antonio Pierce can't cover a wet bag makes Bradie look that much better :laugh2:

Amen... If you ask me which player I'd rather have, it would be a no brainer, Bradie James!

DR.WARE

Reaction score
41gy#;2494791 said:
Bradie James deserves to be in the Pro Bowl. He is playing like King Kong.

hahahahahaha one of the best posts ive seen in awhile

Aikbach

Reaction score
JBond;2494814 said:
You hit and miss. Look at Cincy, Det, Chiefs, etc. They are making some good and some bad decisions. Was he my first choice? NO. One draft pick does not make a career.

theogt, I expected something more. Relax. We won!:rolleyes:
Parcells always made iffy choices the first round his whole career, give him credit for Lawrence Taylor and Carl Banks, Phil Simms and Mark Bavaro but remember he wanted Cedric Jones instead of Terry Glenn in New England but was over ruled but he still drafted Curtis Martin and Ty Law.

With the Jets James Farrior was a bust but has turned it around in Pittsburgh.

Carpenter could be Farrior.

All in all Parcells drafts yielded Demarcus Ware, Witten, James, Crayton, Barber, Hatcher, Ratiff, Canty, so they were pretty decent all things considered.

Do people realize how many bad picks Jimmy Johnson made looking for steals?
He had flops like Steve Walsh and Alexander Wright on his hands as well and drafted Emmitt Smith by default and not first choice.