Twitter: Bradlee Anae 3 Snaps, Highest Rated Defender PFF

817Gill

Reaction score
From BTB:

“But Anae did get in for three defensive snaps when DeMarcus Lawrence had to come off the field. On Anae’s first play, he nearly got a quarterback pressure after beating his man off the line. On another play, he sealed the edge well and helped bring down the running back for a loss. It was a small sample size, which skewed the data, but Anae was technically the Cowboys’ highest-graded defender according to Pro Football Focus.”

FWIW, I know he’s a pet cat for many.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I feel pretty confident that Anae will be a solid rotational guy. Probably never a stud. But he will be a solid rotational DE that can make some plays for the team.

GenoT

Reaction score
From BTB:

“But Anae did get in for three defensive snaps when DeMarcus Lawrence had to come off the field. On Anae’s first play, he nearly got a quarterback pressure after beating his man off the line. On another play, he sealed the edge well and helped bring down the running back for a loss. It was a small sample size, which skewed the data, but Anae was technically the Cowboys’ highest-graded defender according to Pro Football Focus.”

:facepalm:

:popcorn:

ondaedg

Reaction score
From BTB:

on another note Thomas showed Jaylon and LVE how a lber is supposed to read, pursue and stuff the ball carrier for a loss.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From BTB:

I'm a big fan of the Anae pick but that is silly.

Jesse Holley once had 1 target in a game and it resulted in a TD...perfect WR rating...but he was still below jag level as a player.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Anae can rush from a 2 point stance or a 3 so he good. He had a good rush on Diggs dropped pick, so I'm encouraged.

Don't downplay Anae's 3 snaps cause he could have gone out there and flopped like many we've watched, but he balled bal with what he was given.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
From BTB:

3 is a light sample size, but my attitude is to increase snaps for the relative hot hands until they stop showing themselves to be the hot hands.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Anae pick but that is silly.

Jesse Holley once had 1 target in a game and it resulted in a TD...perfect WR rating...but he was still below jag level as a player.

In 2011 Holley was 7-7 for 169. Even factoring out his 77 yard catch, he was 6-6 for 92, 15+ ypt. That's still great.

My attitude is to play guys who produce well until they stop producing. Don't let player evals entirely override actual production. Maybe the evals are missing something important that comes out in real play.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Should be a snap count qualifier for players to even receive a grade.

I can’t say where but I would have to believe it should be a hell of a lot higher than 3

Redline360

Reaction score
I think hes going to make a great rotational guy. PFF should have a count minimum lol.

Did we have a thread with PFF grades for everyone for week 2? Looked didnt see anything just week 1

bandfan

Reaction score
Should be a snap count qualifier for players to even receive a grade.

I can’t say where but I would have to believe it should be a hell of a lot higher than 3
Just playing devil's advocate here but what if all 3 plays were the only 3 sacks of the game....?

TWOK11

Reaction score
He was a first team AA and arguably the best defensive player in a power 5 conference. He owns the all-time sack record at Utah (a program which has put out a ton of NFL caliber DL over the last 20 years).

I’ll be surprised if he isn’t a good NFL DL and frankly can’t believe he fellas far as he did. All American DL hardly ever fall like that.