Brady + Belichick + 52 posters on this message board

kskboys

Reaction score
And can I add Smart players
Absolutely.

This Bellychickens thing is amazing. You have intelligent posters proclaiming that he doesn't need talent to win, and when you peruse the roster you have a pile of top ten talent staring you in the face. One of the strangest things I've ever seen.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Absolutely.

This Bellychickens thing is amazing. You have intelligent posters proclaiming that he doesn't need talent to win, and when you peruse the roster you have a pile of top ten talent staring you in the face. One of the strangest things I've ever seen.
Did he have top ten talent for all (11) SUPER BOWL appearances?

Pape

Reaction score
Did he have top ten talent for all (11) SUPER BOWL appearances?

yes ... tons of under rated talent on those teams. Its a shame that the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen will be completely under-represented in the Hall of Fame.

I dont know how you guys, from an outsiders perspective, view players like Gronk, Bruschi, Vrabel. McGinest, Light, Mankins, Mayo, Wilfork, Law, T Brown, etc... but man, to me all of those guys, minus Mayo (the most boring perfectly adequate linebacker ever), deserve enshrinement ... maybe one or two of them might get talked about, they will never make it... outside of Gronky that is... and they deserve to be there imo ... Most people look at the numbers and say "they dont hit the statistical Benchmarks" ... well those guys played in games that mattered, and they won, for the most part... to me that says a hell of a lot more about them as players than how some yokel on pff grades out Tedy & Company...

Having the best coach in the world cant help if the players don't execute. And all those "not top ten" players, they did just that...

but i will admit, i am 100% biased...

kskboys

Reaction score
yes ... tons of under rated talent on those teams. Its a shame that the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen will be completely under-represented in the Hall of Fame.

I dont know how you guys, from an outsiders perspective, view players like Gronk, Bruschi, Vrabel. McGinest, Light, Mankins, Mayo, Wilfork, Law, T Brown, etc... but man, to me all of those guys, minus Mayo (the most boring perfectly adequate linebacker ever), deserve enshrinement ... maybe one or two of them might get talked about, they will never make it... outside of Gronky that is... and they deserve to be there imo ... Most people look at the numbers and say "they dont hit the statistical Benchmarks" ... well those guys played in games that mattered, and they won, for the most part... to me that says a hell of a lot more about them as players than how some yokel on pff grades out Tedy & Company...

Having the best coach in the world cant help if the players don't execute. And all those "not top ten" players, they did just that...

but i will admit, i am 100% biased...
Someone started this spiel that Belly wins w/ no talent, and shockingly a huge pile of people actually bought it, and proclaim it loudly w/o every checking into it.

Those early 2000's super bowl winning Pats were a veritable Who's Who on D. Like 8 of their 11 starters were top 10 on D.

Ty Warren, Seymour, Colvin, Bruschi, Vrabel, Law, Harrison, all those guys were top notch.

It's like, people started this little rumor, and then it spread like wildfire while no one spreading it bothered to check it out. The first 3 Pat super bowl wins were won w/ stacked D's.

Pape

Reaction score
Someone started this spiel that Belly wins w/ no talent, and shockingly a huge pile of people actually bought it, and proclaim it loudly w/o every checking into it.

Those early 2000's super bowl winning Pats were a veritable Who's Who on D. Like 8 of their 11 starters were top 10 on D.

Ty Warren, Seymour, Colvin, Bruschi, Vrabel, Law, Harrison, all those guys were top notch.

It's like, people started this little rumor, and then it spread like wildfire while no one spreading it bothered to check it out. The first 3 Pat super bowl wins were won w/ stacked D's.

People always forget Parcells laid that defensive foundation - McGinest Johnson Bruschi Milloy - all were drafted by the Tuna ...

BB brought in a lot of free agents ... by 2003, 2004,,, that defense was on fire... Would put those units up against any on the league... 2004 was a better overall team, but that 2003 defense shut people down cold...

and every year Brady kept getting better and better ... at first he was asked not to lose games... which eventually morphed into him being asked to win games for them...