Brain dead Chipotle

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
When I was coming back from my mailbox in the complex where I live, I happened upon someone's Chipotle order. It was in the middle of the sidewalk and not delivered to anyone's door. So I knocked on some doors to see if it belonged to anyone. Nope. Delivery person must have dropped it.

So I figured Chipotle might want to know about a lost order, so I looked up their number and called them. Impossible to get through! It had you press a maze of numbers and finally I got a recording saying something like, "enter your code now." WTH?? So then I called back and chose "order takeout." Thought maybe that would get their attention." Nope! More going through phone mazes and eventually getting a recording to enter my "code" whatever the bleep that is. I tried four times to call, and then even tried sending a text. The restaurant is definitely open. This all happened around 7 PM and they're open until 10. You would think a restaurant that takes takeout orders and delivers via one of those apps would care enough to maybe pick up their phone. WTH?

If I owned the business and one of my orders got lost, I would want to know about it. Instead, they'll just wait until their customer complains ... or will they even bother to pick up the phone when the customer calls? I'm frustrated, and I'm not even the person who ordered it. The real customer is going to be so peeved I'd bet they never order from them again.

I'm glad I don't own this business. I would be so mad! Sometimes deliveries go wrong. It happens. But when the people working there can't even bother to pick up their business telephone -- the number that customers order from -- that's train wreck bad service. Someone was trying to help them by letting them know what happened, and they don't even pick up. They care less about their customers than some guy who was walking down the sidewalk and saw a problem.

I'll end up throwing this food out, I guess.

catiii

Reaction score
When I was coming back from my mailbox in the complex where I live, I happened upon someone's Chipotle order. It was in the middle of the sidewalk and not delivered to anyone's door. So I knocked on some doors to see if it belonged to anyone. Nope. Delivery person must have dropped it.

So I figured Chipotle might want to know about a lost order, so I looked up their number and called them. Impossible to get through! It had you press a maze of numbers and finally I got a recording saying something like, "enter your code now." WTH?? So then I called back and chose "order takeout." Thought maybe that would get their attention." Nope! More going through phone mazes and eventually getting a recording to enter my "code" whatever the bleep that is. I tried four times to call, and then even tried sending a text. The restaurant is definitely open. This all happened around 7 PM and they're open until 10. You would think a restaurant that takes takeout orders and delivers via one of those apps would care enough to maybe pick up their phone. WTH?

If I owned the business and one of my orders got lost, I would want to know about it. Instead, they'll just wait until their customer complains ... or will they even bother to pick up the phone when the customer calls? I'm frustrated, and I'm not even the person who ordered it. The real customer is going to be so peeved I'd bet they never order from them again.

I'm glad I don't own this business. I would be so mad! Sometimes deliveries go wrong. It happens. But when the people working there can't even bother to pick up their business telephone -- the number that customers order from -- that's train wreck bad service. Someone was trying to help them by letting them know what happened, and they don't even pick up. They care less about their customers than some guy who was walking down the sidewalk and saw a problem.

I'll end up throwing this food out, I guess.
It was likely a delivery service who left the food, I doubt they invest in their own drivers but you never know.
https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22667902/chipotles-food-poisoning-outbreak-ohio/
https://people.com/food/chipotle-to...y-case-following-foodborne-illness-outbreaks/

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's my free lunch today. It was all sealed up and never touched. They can't say I didn't try to give it back. I really did. I did get an email from their cooperate office with an apology saying it was during business hours and the restaurant should have picked up. So I've got this free veggie casadilla and some chips and guac. It's even some stuff that I like.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's my free lunch today. It was all sealed up and never touched. They can't say I didn't try to give it back. I really did. I did get an email from their cooperate office with an apology saying it was during business hours and the restaurant should have picked up. So I've got this free veggie casadilla and some chips and guac. It's even some stuff that I like.
You're going to get the runs. Always happens, the curse of "that's ain't your chow".

Besides that, you are depriving a very challenged person. Who else orders a veggie anything Mexican? I take the veggies out to make more room for more meat. Mo meat, mo bettah.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You're going to get the runs. Always happens, the curse of "that's ain't your chow".

Besides that, you are depriving a very challenged person. Who else orders a veggie anything Mexican? I take the veggies out to make more room for more meat. Mo meat, mo bettah.

I'm sure it's fine. I wolfed it down about 20 minutes ago. How can I say no to a free meal. It was delicious...... WTH? I never saw these pink lizards in my yard before .... and there's a pink unicorn. Wow, man. You ought see this.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The delivery guy has been searching the area for the meal you stole while he was letting it cool.

cowboyec

Reaction score
it was left there by aliens.
you ingested implant devices.
abductions soon to follow.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so. I'm starting to suspect Amber Heard is up to something.
ialJRLM.gif