Brandon Aubrey Appreciation Thread

pancakeman

Reaction score
True, but he has attempted six fewer field goals and 11 fewer extra points. That's 17 kicks difference.
Fair point, though past a certain threshold, number of attempts isn’t a great number to judge since it’s determined by the offense and coach, not by the kicker.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
Just curious. The board claimed he wasn't good in training camp. He might be the best in the league this year.
I didn't know a thing about him during camp and figured kicker would be a problem for us this season. I'm glad that hasn't been the case. He is a pleasant surprise.

rambo2

Reaction score
I didn't know a thing about him during camp and figured kicker would be a problem for us this season. I'm glad that hasn't been the case. He is a pleasant surprise.
It was known that he had an outstanding year in the league he came from. The scouts really liked him and the Cowboys had a connection to him with a former kicker who recommended him. Some posters had a false narrative that he was struggling in camp which I pointed out that it wasn't true.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
200w.gif

Mark

Reaction score
What's his record up to now? He's not only broken it, he's leaving all previous in the rear view mirror.
Aubrey's record is qualified...most consecutive made FGs to start a career. Of which he is currently at 26.

He has a way to go yet to catch Gary Anderson's NFL-best 46 consecutive made FGs.

817Gill

Reaction score
I noticed this about Aubrey's three missed extra points. Two were attempted after DaRon Bland pick-sixes; the other after the blocked field goal return TD in the season opener. I have a theory that he wasn't focused on those kicks because the offense didn't have the ball and he wasn't thinking about having to go out there and kick right away.

Other than that the guy has been money. Lucky to have him.
Great observation

817Gill

Reaction score
I liked it and had no problems whatsoever. Video quality looked too notch on my 65" oled. I can't see what's wrong with the commentators either. Good guys having a smooth day. You guys just complain for the sake of complaining. And no I don't work for Amazon lol.
Think this was meant for the Amazon thread lol

cowboyed

Reaction score
Aubrey's record is qualified...most consecutive made FGs to start a career. Of which he is currently at 26.

He has a way to go yet to catch Gary Anderson's NFL-best 46 consecutive made FGs.
Perhaps, but did Gary Anderson do that as a rookie? (Gary Anderson was an incredible kicker)

ksadler1

Reaction score
I just hope we never have to rely on him to kick an extra point to win a game.