Brandon Aubrey's Story on Dan Patrick Show

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Never saw this posted here. I haven’t really followed his story much. Dak gave him the nickname ‘Butter.’

His soccer career ended, he was computer engineer. His wife mentioned to him in passing that she thought he could kick FGs, got a local coach, started practicing, and became a USFL kicker. LOL You 20-somethings on the board, you can still do it!

Says he made tackles in the USFL. :D Sort of reminds me of Landry Days when Gil Brandt would import soccer players from Europe to find a hidden kicker gem.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Never saw this posted here. I haven’t really followed his story much.

His soccer career ended, he was computer engineer. His wife mentioned to him in passing that she thought he could kick FGs, got a local coach, started practicing, and became a USFL kicker. LOL You 20-somethings on the board, you can still do it!

Says he made tackles in the USFL. :D

Another example of why the Forum is the source for Cowboys intel. Thanks for sharing. This guy has a truly amazing story. I still think about that 60 yarder. That thing was perfection. Best FG I have ever seen.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Man, good thing he listened to his wife.

Could end up making a great career as a kicker even at 28 years old.
He could still kick for another 12 years... good for him. He certainly has been the biggest surprise on the team.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
He could still kick for another 12 years... good for him. He certainly has been the biggest surprise on the team.
Morten Andersen played until he was 47 years old. Adam Viniatari played until he was 46 years lold. Gary Anderson played until he was 45 years old.

Aubrey could play 18 years in the NFL, and still not be the oldest ever kicker in the NFL, which was George Blanda who played until he was 48 years old.