Brandon Cooks could be had for a 2nd rder

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Sign me up.

Sirius XM NFL's Alex Marvez reports it would "probably" only take a second-round pick to acquire Brandin Cooks from the Saints.

The Eagles hold the No. 42 overall pick in the draft in the second round, while the Titans don't currently own a second-rounder but do have the Rams' No. 69 overall pick atop the third round. It makes much more sense to deal one of those picks than either of their mid-first-rounders for Cooks, who will also be needing a massive contract extension next year at this time. There's too much smoke for there not to be fire here. Expect Cooks to be dealt in the coming 5-10 days.
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitte

Shuff

Reaction score
NO says they will now take a second pick. A lot of people have us taking the Ross kid in the first round- why not give up our first for Cooks and maybe get a third back. Dude is only 23 and is only going to get better.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NO says they will now take a second pick. A lot of people have us taking the Ross kid in the first round- why not give up our first for Cooks and maybe get a third back. Dude is only 23 and is only going to get better.

I think he is just what we need BUT he will want a new deal in 2 years, you extend him now to include the remaining 2 years or you give up a pick for a rental.
Also, why not just keep the 1st rounder and give them a 2nd? IF we were interested

Sydla

Reaction score
I think he is just what we need BUT he will want a new deal in 2 years, you extend him now to include the remaining 2 years or you give up a pick for a rental.
Also, why not just keep the 1st rounder and give them a 2nd? IF we were interested

Well our 2nd rounder is a late round pick. Both Tennessee and Philly, also interested, have higher 2nd round picks.

fredp22

Reaction score

I like him but if they want a 2nd- offer a 2nd. I would actually offer a conditional 3rd-to 2nd.

Shuff

Reaction score
Because Philly wants him and they have a better second than us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm expecting Cooks to be an Eagle (and thorn in our side) pretty soon. And I think it's a smarter play than the previous mentions of re-signing Desean Jackson.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm expecting Cooks to be an Eagle (and thorn in our side) pretty soon. And I think it's a smarter play than the previous mentions of re-signing Desean Jackson.

Rumor up here is Tennessee might be the frontrunner. They have two first rounders and might be willing to part with the 2nd one. I don't think Philly has any intention of moving that 14th/15th pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rumor up here is Tennessee might be the frontrunner. They have two first rounders and might be willing to part with the 2nd one. I don't think Philly has any intention of moving that 14th/15th pick.

Could be. I have heard they're both after him. But Philly is still my own 'guess'. I think they prefer Cooks to re-signing Jackson and want to give Wentz a downfield threat.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Could be. I have heard they're both after him. But Philly is still my own 'guess'. I think they prefer Cooks to re-signing Jackson and want to give Wentz a downfield threat.
Dont really know why. He doesnt throw downfield

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Atleast that would be getting some production out of our 2nd round pick which we don't seem to do very often.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Yep posted in the "rosterzone" early this am....bring him in.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Man this is a guy who would really take our offense to the next level. Play the safteys deep Ezekiel will have the best year ever lol. Play them close , cooks will burn those safteys and corners up