Brandon Thorn on OC Class

tm1119

Reaction score
Well its only fair to point out that starting for some teams would mean barely making the roster for others
I think it would be a stretch to say there’s more than maybe 2/3 starting C’s that couldn’t be a backup on any team. Not to mention that if you can get even a good backup that can fill in in the 5th round it’s a huge win.

Moral of the story: it’s a very strong C class and it’s not necessary to force the pick in the 1st

1942willys

Reaction score
I think it would be a stretch to say there’s more than maybe 2/3 starting C’s that couldn’t be a backup on any team. Not to mention that if you can get even a good backup that can fill in in the 5th round it’s a huge win.

Moral of the story: it’s a very strong C class and it’s not necessary to force the pick in the 1st
No you have not watched enough games lately
There is definitely a number of starters who could not back up other teams. Remember, most teams only have two centers; more often one center and a jack of all trades interior backup.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If it's a good C draft make sure to grab one, especially, when the need is major. I view OT and WR a position to draft due to the draft being rich with talent.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The list below contains some good center prospects.
Some could be starters day one. Some might be depth that can grown into a starter.
This is a strong center class and many of the with the ability to flex as guard.

JPJ
Barton
Frazier
Haynes
Van Pran
Mahogany
Limmer
Zinter
Nourzad
Bortolini

There are more that could be centers but are just not as good as the ones above.

tm1119

Reaction score
The list below contains some good center prospects.
Some could be starters day one. Some might be depth that can grown into a starter.
This is a strong center class and many of the with the ability to flex as guard.

JPJ
Barton
Frazier
Haynes
Van Pran
Mahogany
Limmer
Zinter
Nourzad
Bortolini

There are more that could be centers but are just not as good as the ones above.
Jacob Monk definitely belongs on that list. I think he’s going very underrated. He was at Duke for 5 years and started 55 of a possible 56 games between RT, RG, and then OC last year. Also a 2 year captain. Good size, good athlete…I won’t be surprised to see him get an opportunity to be an early starter.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jacob-monk/32004d4f-4e22-9580-3239-cea8dbb601f0

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I just want a bully at center. Running behind T Fred was fun.

1942willys

Reaction score
I just want a bully at center. Running behind T Fred was fun.
So very true. TFred was a generational player at his position; we would be incredibly lucky to get one as good. I would settle for one as good as Gurode (and no the BS about bad snaps was just that)

Carter

Reaction score
Zac Zinter would be a great Day 3 Pick up because of the injury. Otherwise i had him in the Top 3 C this class. Think he was the best C in the Big 10 and comes from a Harbaugh Pro Offense as a Michigan Wolverine.

1942willys

Reaction score
Zac Zinter would be a great Day 3 Pick up because of the injury. Otherwise i had him in the Top 3 C this class. Think he was the best C in the Big 10 and comes from a Harbaugh Pro Offense as a Michigan Wolverine.
Michigan lineman.......

tm1119

Reaction score
Are many people projecting Zinter to OC? Haven’t seen that. As far as I can tell he never played the position at Michigan, RG only.

Carter

Reaction score
Are many people projecting Zinter to OC? Haven’t seen that. As far as I can tell he never played the position at Michigan, RG only.
Yes i meant Guard. Because i have Nugent also as a high upside pick in the later Rounds: he is the C from Michigan