'Breakfast Club' principal Gleason dies at 67

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paul Gleason

2006-06-29_gleason-a.jpg

BURBANK, Calif. (AP) — Paul Gleason, who played the go-to bad guy in "Trading Places" and the angry high school principal in "The Breakfast Club," died. He was 67.
Gleason died at a local hospital Saturday of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer linked to asbestos, said his wife, Susan Gleason.

A native of Miami, Gleason was an avid athlete. Before becoming an actor, he played Triple-A minor league baseball for a handful of clubs in the late 1950s.

Gleason honed his acting skills with his mentor Lee Strasberg, whom he studied with at the Actors Studio beginning in the mid-1960s, family members said.

Through his career, Gleason appeared in over 60 movies that included "Die Hard," "Johnny Be Good," and "National Lampoon's Van Wilder." Most recently, Gleason made a handful of television appearances in hit shows such as "Friends" and "Seinfeld."

Gleason's passions went beyond acting. He had recently published a book of poetry.
Actor Jimmy Hawkins, a friend of Gleason's since the 1960s, said he remembered Gleason for a sharp sense of humor.

LINK

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He always played a good bad guy.

He has some great lines...really loved one from Johnny be good.

For those that know it, it is the one about looking up Sympathy in the dictionary. :laugh2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
He always played a good bad guy.

He has some great lines...really loved one from Johnny be good.

For those that know it, it is the one about looking up Sympathy in the dictionary. :laugh2:

Yep... a guy you loved to hate...

He always had that smart-arse look on his face, but he was very good at what he did...

RIP

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Yep... a guy you loved to hate...

He always had that smart-arse look on his face, but he was very good at what he did...

RIP
He was great :(

RIP

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
From the Breakfast Club.......

"False alarms are really funny, aren't they. What if your home, what if your family . . . what if your dope was on fire?"

"You think anyone is gonna take your word over mine. I'm a man of respect around here. They love me around here. I'm a swell guy. You're a lying sack-a-sh**."

"The next time I have to come in here, I'm crackin' skulls!"

"Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns."

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Just what I was wondering...

whatever happened to the principle of Breakfast Club? :rolleyes:

Why do we always have these threads?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:

Maybe because it is fun knowing we will always bring out someone who has to be a pain saying...WHY do we have to have these threads, instead of just skipping them in a slow part of the site. I guess I might agree with you if they were in the main section. Or if it was another TO or backup QB thread.
But a thread about a guy that was in some classic funny movies in a part of the forum that is normally slow.

:laugh1:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Maybe because it is fun knowing we will always bring out someone who has to be a pain saying...WHY do we have to have these threads, instead of just skipping them in a slow part of the site. I guess I might agree with you if they were in the main section. Or if it was another TO or backup QB thread.
But a thread about a guy that was in some classic funny movies in a part of the forum that is normally slow.

:laugh1:
:muttley:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Well... most replying to this thread are in the age range that it targeted when it first came out...

Oh... and the Principal is your "PAL"... ;)

royhitshard

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Why do we always have these "why do we always have these threads" threads?:rolleyes:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

The "whatever happened" is he died.

That's fairly newsworthy and interesting to most of us. When celebrities pass away, we usually have a thread where those who are interested are able to comment, express condolences or just remember some of their work.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I can't believe that deputy police chief Duane Robinson has died. I guess he finally decided to quit being part of the problem.

Somewhere John McLane is smiling.