News: Breer's (MMQB) nugget on Tyron Smith injury

aikemirv

Reaction score
For me on the Oline I would rather have 1 weak spot than 2. So with our current roster I would play Ball and possibly give him some help. To have a chance we need to run the ball effectively and I am not sure you can do that with McG and Biadisz side by side. I keep Smith at G. We actually have the WR's to run a lot of quick hitter stuff and not have to drop Dak back too often. Keep penalties down and more ball control offense.

That's the recipe for success for the Cowboys offense with the current roster IMO

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fun fact: Tyron was our starting left tackle before he could buy beer.
It's funny that some people were worried that as a draft prospect he was too small (played at below 300 in college).

He now looks like The Hulk. In fact he is bigger and probably stronger than Lou Ferrigno.

Unfortunately I think the excessive weight lifting is a big part of his injury issues.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The Cowboys know that come October there will be way better players available on teams that realize their season is over compared to now. I think they are hoping to be around 4-3 and then make a big move for a better quality lineman then they can get now.

Or we end up striking absolute gold with Tyler and everyone on here gets to complain about a different topic. Those are my two predictions.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
The offense should rely on dak. He's the leader, he's the qb. He has a hof rg, 1st round pick lt/lg, top 5 pick rb, top backup rb, 1st round wr. Top 5 Stat te last year.
If that's not enough to work with while the rest of the offense gets healthy then we need a new qb.
Taco was a first round pick. Being a high draft pick doesn't automatically translate to production. Zeke couldn't run anywhere last year behind a better O-line than he'll have this year. And that 1st round LT is a rookie. Dak needs to step up, sure, but I think this offense is dwindling on being scary thin. They are one CeeDee or Schultz injury away from being completely one dimensional.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Taco was a first round pick. Being a high draft pick doesn't automatically translate to production. Zeke couldn't run anywhere last year behind a better O-line than he'll have this year. And that 1st round LT is a rookie. Dak needs to step up, sure, but I think this offense is dwindling on being scary thin. They are one CeeDee or Schultz injury away from being completely one dimensional.
Sounds like excuses.

Dak is supposed to be a top 10 qb.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
umm maybe a little sense but most NONsense..you can Not have a smooth running O without and OL , i mean bets case is a strong run game but can the OL do that because without a Run game they can make it tough on a passing game. Those are facts., not sure what game youve been watching but the trenches are very importantly and right now OL is shaky,. Cant expect to run a passing game without a run game. Hopefully they can at least start with strong run game with 2 TE sets maybe even 3, and use gadget quick hitting pass pays to keep the defense honest ie Pollard and trurpin this can be accomplished. but if we cant run we wont be able to pass those are the facts of football. the defense will recognize they can stop the run easily and just ignore it while playing max coverage and making life difficult Getting to the qb with just 4 men..
please stop putting this all on the QB. i didn't see Aikman and smith doing much until we assembled a HOF OL..KEEP that straight..
So unless you have 5 hof lineman, the qb isn't expected to produce. Got it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So unless you have 5 hof lineman, the qb isn't expected to produce. Got it.
wow so HOF all 5 is you what you took ??but NO at least above average at least those not committing 10+ penalty's a game. how about a solid line which to finish ast year and start this year its far from being even above average. but point is Aikman looked like crap without an OL and ES would never had been ES without one. he wasn't Barry he needed some help.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
wow so HOF all 5 is you what you took ??but NO at least above average at least those not committing 10+ penalty's a game. how about a solid line which to finish ast year and start this year its far from being even above average. but point is Aikman looked like crap without an OL and ES would never had been ES without one. he wasn't Barry he needed some help.
Dak currently 1 hof rg on the line, 1 1st round pick. Bia is a 4th, McGovern in the 3rd. Tyron waiting to come back. Theres tons of draft capital used on the line. He has a 1st round pick wr, a top 5 pick rb ( both produced in the nfl) and a top 5 statistical te last year. Not sure how many all pros you have to have until it's on dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak currently 1 hof rg on the line, 1 1st round pick. Bia is a 4th, McGovern in the 3rd. Tyron waiting to come back. Theres tons of draft capital used on the line. He has a 1st round pick wr, a top 5 pick rb ( both produced in the nfl) and a top 5 statistical te last year. Not sure how many all pros you have to have until it's on dak.

stop the obvious troll hate of dak

the line may have been serviceable LAST YEAR, they were the reason we lost that 9er game, no doubt 70% on that OL

back to 22

possibly a rookie at LT most important position on the OL- LG who couldn't beat out Cwill who was cut- a center oft criticized for being blown back into Dak- Martin yes the lone great OL- steele, inconsistent some say we should have kept collins.

3 are now gone form Theis overrating of the 2021 OL

YOU RELIZE THIS RIGHT? CWILL, TYRONE, COLLINS ALL gone like i said the other left outside of Martin were highly criticized

back to the non hate troll area of the zone.

all qbs need a good line as do rbs to function properly..

Ekspozed

Reaction score
stop the obvious troll hate of dak

the line may have been serviceable LAST YEAR, they were the reason we lost that 9er game, no doubt 70% on that OL

back to 22

possibly a rookie at LT most important position on the OL- LG who couldn't beat out Cwill who was cut- a center oft criticized for being blown back into Dak- Martin yes the lone great OL- steele, inconsistent some say we should have kept collins.

3 are now gone form Theis overrating of the 2021 OL

YOU RELIZE THIS RIGHT? CWILL, TYRONE, COLLINS ALL gone like i said the other left outside of Martin were highly criticized

back to the non hate troll area of the zone.

all qbs need a good line as do rbs to function properly..
So yes, dak needs 5 all pro lineman. Got it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Been saying we will need the D to carry us the first 5-6 games......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/08/29/todd-bowles-buccaneers-redeption-head-coach-mmqb

Tyron Smith’s injury is probably the preseason’s most significant. The Cowboys’ left tackle won’t be back for months after tearing his hamstring, and this really is a worst-case scenario for Dallas. And since Smith hasn’t played a full season without injury since 2015, and has played in a total of just 13 games over the past two years, it’s fair to point the finger at the team for its readiness situation with its 31-year-old, eight-time Pro Bowler. First-rounder Tyler Smith would be the logical candidate to kick out to left tackle after competing through camp at guard—even though he was seen as raw and, by some, as a tackle/guard tweener before the draft. If not him, then flipping Terence Steele from right tackle would make some sense, too. Either way, the Cowboys are now perilously thin along the line and have to be crossing their fingers that Smith’s longtime linemate Zack Martin can stay healthy. It’s also an issue that compounds the team’s questions at receiver, where they’ll likely be without Michael Gallup and James Washington for the opener. The best case here is that Dallas can lean on its defense to tread water early as the offense gets healthier. But that won’t be easy with the Buccaneers, Bengals, Eagles and Rams on the schedule over the season’s first six weeks. The stretch between now and Halloween’s going to be interesting for Jerry’s crew.
Let him retire...

Ekspozed

Reaction score
so yes you are troll and no thats not what i said..keep trolling hater. What a knucklehead.
Where is the trolling?

It is quite reasonable to expect your qb, the leader of your team and paid man, to be able to work with what he has.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Been saying we will need the D to carry us the first 5-6 games......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/08/29/todd-bowles-buccaneers-redeption-head-coach-mmqb

Tyron Smith’s injury is probably the preseason’s most significant. The Cowboys’ left tackle won’t be back for months after tearing his hamstring, and this really is a worst-case scenario for Dallas. And since Smith hasn’t played a full season without injury since 2015, and has played in a total of just 13 games over the past two years, it’s fair to point the finger at the team for its readiness situation with its 31-year-old, eight-time Pro Bowler. First-rounder Tyler Smith would be the logical candidate to kick out to left tackle after competing through camp at guard—even though he was seen as raw and, by some, as a tackle/guard tweener before the draft. If not him, then flipping Terence Steele from right tackle would make some sense, too. Either way, the Cowboys are now perilously thin along the line and have to be crossing their fingers that Smith’s longtime linemate Zack Martin can stay healthy. It’s also an issue that compounds the team’s questions at receiver, where they’ll likely be without Michael Gallup and James Washington for the opener. The best case here is that Dallas can lean on its defense to tread water early as the offense gets healthier. But that won’t be easy with the Buccaneers, Bengals, Eagles and Rams on the schedule over the season’s first six weeks. The stretch between now and Halloween’s going to be interesting for Jerry’s crew.
How awesome would it be to go winless through Halloween?