Brett Favre on sirius xm

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Anyone caught it? He spoke about Mcarthy and how coaching at NFL level does not need xs and os. But needs to know how handle individuals, egos in the locker room.

This is exactly why the league needs more Jason Garretts. We are fortunate.
tenor.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am pretty sure that was not what he meant. Probably said much more and all taken out of context.
In order to build up clapping.

irishline

Reaction score
Anyone caught it? He spoke about Mcarthy and how coaching at NFL level does not need xs and os. But needs to know how handle individuals, egos in the locker room.

ef8.jpg

About the bolded part that is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have not caught it yet but I believe you may should consider catching it again. Or twice more to be sure.

gmb1

Reaction score
Brett Favre who famously didn't know what a nickel defense was in 1993 doesn't believe that Xs and Os are important lol.
I like Brett but when I found that out I was like, "oh that's why he threw all those INTs...."

But seriously I need to hear the audio of this so it's not taken out of context.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I like Brett but when I found that out I was like, "oh that's why he threw all those INTs...."

But seriously I need to hear the audio of this so it's not taken out of context.

Some QBs are great for different reasons. I'll always prefer the cerebral play of guys like Manning, Romo, Rodgers etc. But there are definitely the athletic, in the moment guys who just get it done like Favre. I wouldn't recommend it as a strategy, but the guy was plenty successful.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

I think I have finally figured it out, kuyyo_morro is actually Jason Garrett. It's really the only logical explanation.

gmb1

Reaction score
Some QBs are great for different reasons. I'll always prefer the cerebral play of guys like Manning, Romo, Rodgers etc. But there are definitely the athletic, in the moment guys who just get it done like Favre. I wouldn't recommend it as a strategy, but the guy was plenty successful.
100% correct. Still one of my favorite QBs to watch play. There's many ways to skin a cat as Max Kellerman would say. ;)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Troll

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

Sarcasm at it’s best!

tyke1doe

Reaction score

You're kidding, right?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If your coordinators are great at the x's and o's then your HC can concentrate on handling all the dominant personalities on the roster. If your HC can't get control of the players then his x's and o's won't help in that area. If Garrett was better at X's and O's then he'd help Linehan more but since he's not he leaves it to Linehan to come up with the actual plays they will use in game.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Interesting point.

I have always felt he was a better psychologist than a football coach.