Video: Brett Kollmann breaks down the Green Bay wild card game loss

John813

Reaction score
So, a QB with obvious tendencies
And then a defensive coordinator that only runs a 4-2-5 no matter what formation the offense is running and ran Cover 0 a lot on 3rd down to the point the opposing QB knew what to expect, hence the audibles.
Very nice. Glad they are running it all back.

Qcard

Reaction score
Everybody is clowning on us
OG Cowboy Fans got innoculated 87-90....when the clowning was monopolized by well respected Sports writers. Jerry and Jimmy were clowned till the Cowboys defense started hurting opponents :lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not a better team, but a better prepared and coached team.
They were a better team heading into the game. They were riding a 3 game winning streak and playing their best football of the season. The Cowboys on the other had weren’t looking very good. They were coming off back to back losses to Buffalo and Miami and they should have lost to Detroit. We had to play comeback against a bad Washington team that was playing with a lot of backups. After the Packers pummeled us they went on to give SF a real battle.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good stuff it is very confusing what they were doing on defense and the offense is very non-proactive to get different players involved.

Who is bozo and why should we value his opinion?
Tell me he is a paid reporter for a network or another Tuber producing videos from his basement.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well that was embarrassing. The D got schooled and DQ.

Creeper

Reaction score
Funny. Parcells says you are what your record says you are which fans apply when the Cowboys record is bad. When their record is good, only the last game counts when they lose.

Looking up and down their rosters, the Cowboys have the better roster. I can see Aaron Jones is better than Pollard for sure. Jaire Alexander is better than any of the Cowboys CBs on the field. And the Packer had better LBs no matter who they put on the field. But overall, the Cowboys have the better roster. On this day, in this game, the Packers played better and won the game.

But if you think about it seriously, what was the difference? Why where the Packers reading the Cowboys tendencies, plays that worked well all season? It is coaching. Why where the Packers running the football at the Cowboys nickel? Coaching. Some coaches actually plot their own offensive plays to try to avoid obvious tendencies. Or they will actually use tendencies to fool the defense. By the way, tendencies fall into the category of details. The best coaches pay attention to tendencies. I am not blaming the coaching alone for the loss. Obviously all the players share some of the blame, including Dak. But did anyone alert Dak to his tendency to throw to the inside guy when they run 3 curls at the same depth? Why would you even run that? If Cooks runs his route 5 yards deeper the DB can't cheat up like that.

The Cowboys across the board played an awful game and a lot of it was GB outsmarting Dallas on both sides of the ball. I mean if this guy, whoever he is, could figure this stuff out, then what are the paid Cowboys coaches doing?

As for the defense, I could not agree more. Late in the game why was Dallas in such a soft defense expecting GB to pass? If anything I would have wanted them to pass to possibly stop the clock, or better yet, throw a pick and flip the field. Then again I wouldn't expect the Cowboys to be so poor in pass coverage. If you watched the Eagles-Tampa game what did you see the Eagles defense do late in the game when they knew Tampa was going to run the football? The put everyone up on the LOS and dared Tampa to throw the ball. Dallas did the opposite and I think Quinn needs to explain that.

And when GB audibled to adjust for the Cowboys showing man and 0 why didn't the Cowboys change out of that to confuse Love? Quinn made no adjustments the entire game. I am tired of the Cowboys getting outsmarted by the better teams. This is why I would have fired McCarthy and Quinn already and hired Harbaugh or Belichick.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Just watched this (love Brett’s content btw) and whew it’s just as bad as I thought. A fundamental beat down from HC down to the players. Just absolutely embarrassing, which again leads me to shake my head that NOBODY is going to be held accountable for this and they’re just going to pick back up and try it again like this never happened

CWR

Reaction score
So, a QB with obvious tendencies
And then a defensive coordinator that only runs a 4-2-5 no matter what formation the offense is running and ran Cover 0 a lot on 3rd down to the point the opposing QB knew what to expect, hence the audibles.
Very nice. Glad they are running it all back.
Yes it was coaching wizardry. Don't worry though, we're hanging by the rim.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Who is bozo and why should we value his opinion?
Tell me he is a paid reporter for a network or another Tuber producing videos from his basement.
who are you and why should we value your opinion?
Not saying I don't, but why should anyone? You are an anonymous forum poster and don't even produce videos that anyone watches.
But that in and of itself doesn't disqualify you from having your opinion valued.