Video: Brett Kollmann breaks down the Green Bay wild card game loss

krs1bro

Reaction score
Can DQ learn anything moving forward or will it be same game plan from week to week without deviation or game time adjustments? Not all on DAK either. I wonder how this team would be if they could trust this coaching staff to put them in the best position to win.......Hummmmm.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Funny. Parcells says you are what your record says you are which fans apply when the Cowboys record is bad. When their record is good, only the last game counts when they lose.

Looking up and down their rosters, the Cowboys have the better roster. I can see Aaron Jones is better than Pollard for sure. Jaire Alexander is better than any of the Cowboys CBs on the field. And the Packer had better LBs no matter who they put on the field. But overall, the Cowboys have the better roster. On this day, in this game, the Packers played better and won the game.

But if you think about it seriously, what was the difference? Why where the Packers reading the Cowboys tendencies, plays that worked well all season? It is coaching. Why where the Packers running the football at the Cowboys nickel? Coaching. Some coaches actually plot their own offensive plays to try to avoid obvious tendencies. Or they will actually use tendencies to fool the defense. By the way, tendencies fall into the category of details. The best coaches pay attention to tendencies. I am not blaming the coaching alone for the loss. Obviously all the players share some of the blame, including Dak. But did anyone alert Dak to his tendency to throw to the inside guy when they run 3 curls at the same depth? Why would you even run that? If Cooks runs his route 5 yards deeper the DB can't cheat up like that.

The Cowboys across the board played an awful game and a lot of it was GB outsmarting Dallas on both sides of the ball. I mean if this guy, whoever he is, could figure this stuff out, then what are the paid Cowboys coaches doing?

As for the defense, I could not agree more. Late in the game why was Dallas in such a soft defense expecting GB to pass? If anything I would have wanted them to pass to possibly stop the clock, or better yet, throw a pick and flip the field. Then again I wouldn't expect the Cowboys to be so poor in pass coverage. If you watched the Eagles-Tampa game what did you see the Eagles defense do late in the game when they knew Tampa was going to run the football? The put everyone up on the LOS and dared Tampa to throw the ball. Dallas did the opposite and I think Quinn needs to explain that.

And when GB audibled to adjust for the Cowboys showing man and 0 why didn't the Cowboys change out of that to confuse Love? Quinn made no adjustments the entire game. I am tired of the Cowboys getting outsmarted by the better teams. This is why I would have fired McCarthy and Quinn already and hired Harbaugh or Belichick.
In the playoffs the last game is all that matters. It’s a new season 0-0 so going 0-1 means that yes you are what your record says you are.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
DQ coached himself out of another Head Coaching job. Even the Seahawks who still love him went for youth and unknown instead of another coach who is good for dramatic Playoff flops.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Watch It All..Still Sinks In After Weeks..Then Watching This Vid, I Couldn't Stomach It...The Way We Lost Will Go Down In The History Books..

This Smelly Stench In The Gut Of Many Cowboy Fans May Never Go Away. When All Cowboy Fans Look Back Years From Now, The Star No Longer Will Be Shining B/C When History Looks Back.The Joneses Put The Cowboys On The Wrong Side Of History..

We All Know That Dak Laid An Egg..But No QB Could Have Came Back From Dan "Queen's" Disastrous Play Calling.

Putting Our Safeties In The Box = Sabotage

Transcript:

There's eight gaps from this formation and only a fourman service for the defense on the line of scrimmage
where's the bare front where's anything with five big bodies on the line of scrimmage to help clog things up
and help the second level flow freely to the a light Personnel package to come from when you're already outnumbered on the line of scrimmage a pass defense structure down by 18-Well 25 points Down with one quarter to go.

Dan "Queen's" Disastrous Play Calling Putting Our Safeties In The Box 60-70% of the time.. Again = Sabotage

I really believe that Dan "Queen" Doesn't want to come back to the Cowboys..

"Queen" Left The Cowboy Fan Base Out To Dry And Know Where To be Seeing

Got News for you Dan "Queen"..We dont want you to come back.

I hope and pray to God that you Dan "Queen" Sabotage your Own Career Where No Team Will Hire You

End Rant...NUFF SAID

doomsday9084

Reaction score
If you didn't watch the video, he just roasts Quinn. Its not really complicated so don't attack the source. He is just one of millions of people (many of which are active on this site) asking why the F anyone would run cover 2 nickel against a big package while down 18 and the opponent is trying to run out the clock.

I have rarely seen as bad of a coaching job as Quinn in that game. It was like he was intentionally trying to lose the game.

Give McCarthy grief. Give Dak grief. I'm not going to disagree but the defense during that game went well beyond just bad. That's conspiracy (no way a professional could be this stupid, has to be an alternative explanation) level bad.

I say this as a guy who liked Quinn a few months ago.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The players and the fans on here were claiming that it would be easy
The fans can be entitled to think what they want , but players have to play and execute.
Right from the start , defense played catch up and could do nothing , as if these players playing NFL for the first time, DQ might have called zone, but its still able players have ability to recognise and adjust a bit . Nada Zilch , possession after possession , TD after TD , and offense couldnt get out of their funk , within minutes it went downhill. Once we were 2 TD scores behind the game was pretty much over.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
In the playoffs the last game is all that matters. It’s a new season 0-0 so going 0-1 means that yes you are what your record says you are.
These Stan’s will use all types of crazy logic to justify the junk this franchise puts out year after year

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes, the last game is significant to the season but it should not be used as the only measure of quality of the team. The Cowboys were 12-5, that makes them a lot better than most teams. People saying they are a bad team just because they were demolished by GB in one game is just emotional release.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The players and the fans on here were claiming that it would be easy
It should’ve been.

There is no excuse to lose that ball game and jobs should’ve been lost because of it.

I’m more disappointed with the Cowboys reaction to losing the game then I am actually losing the game.

Aven8

Reaction score
It should’ve been.

There is no excuse to lose that ball game and jobs should’ve been lost because of it.

I’m more disappointed with the Cowboys reaction to losing the game then I am actually losing the game.
We’ll get ‘em next year Catch!……

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I disagree with a lot of Kollman's earlier video work but this is all accurate.
The schematic stuff is right there on the screen.

And yes Dak's play is based off reads and he has definite tendencies within those reads.
He does very good work pre-snap but if you fool him it gets bad fast.

The defensive stuff is why most fans aren't super sad Quinn just got hired in Washington.

If you are going to play a way undersized 4-2-5 (that is really a 4-7 given the backers weights) you gotta stop the pass.
It was the worst defensive showing of the entire year by a lot.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yes, the last game is significant to the season but it should not be used as the only measure of quality of the team. The Cowboys were 12-5, that makes them a lot better than most teams. People saying they are a bad team just because they were demolished by GB in one game is just emotional release.
Sure they were better than most teams and yes your record says that. I agree with Bill and his statement on it. But this is a what have you done for me lately league, and when you fail in the playoffs that 12-5 record is diminished imo and becomes meaningless. How does that 12-5 record project into next year? I’d argue this team will be worse going into 24 due to the pending roster turnover.