RELEASED Brett Maher released

blueblood70

Reaction score
right..:cool:

All these couch GMs acting like releasing Dan Bailey a couple years ago wasn’t the right move.

2018 Dan Bailey- scheduled to make $3.2Mil and hit only 75% of his FGs for the second year in a row after struggling badly during camp coming off hip injury

2018 Brett Maher- earned spot by kicking better than Bailey all camp. He went on to hit 80% of his FGs, showed off his strong leg during kick offs, and had couple game winners. Not to mention.. cost $480k

The hypocrites will use hindsight to place blame. Dallas made the right move (at that time). Had Dallas kept Bailey in 2018.. they would have been saying Dallas never makes the right moves. Smh. The FO can’t win. Most Cowboys fans are just plain ridiculous.

I’ll see ya in two weeks when Kia Floorbath misses An extra point against the Eagles to lose the game. Careful what you wish for.
True they forget but they claim they should have stashed him on IR just in case he got better and regained his form..this happened to Folk as well..

its ironic the know-it-alls' in here have a grasp on this better then the actual team and FO..

nobody

Reaction score
right..:cool:

All these couch GMs acting like releasing Dan Bailey a couple years ago wasn’t the right move.

2018 Dan Bailey- scheduled to make $3.2Mil and hit only 75% of his FGs for the second year in a row after struggling badly during camp coming off hip injury

2018 Brett Maher- earned spot by kicking better than Bailey all camp. He went on to hit 80% of his FGs, showed off his strong leg during kick offs, and had couple game winners. Not to mention.. cost $480k

The hypocrites will use hindsight to place blame. Dallas made the right move (at that time). Had Dallas kept Bailey in 2018.. they would have been saying Dallas never makes the right moves. Smh. The FO can’t win. Most Cowboys fans are just plain ridiculous.

I’ll see ya in two weeks when Kia Floorbath misses An extra point against the Eagles to lose the game. Careful what you wish for.

Some people think the mistake was not bringing in kicking competition for Maher in training camp this year....then waiting until NOW to realize there's a problem

Knotamus

Reaction score
Some people think the mistake was not bringing in kicking competition for Maher in training camp this year....then waiting until NOW to realize there's a problem
I can agree with this view point. The FO definitely had too much faith in Maher, which after similar concerns last year..Maher didn’t earn nor warrant that much faith. The kicker concern this year is on the FO and coaches.

But it’s ridiculous to say the Cowboys should have kept Bailey at $3.2mil a season and keep fingers crossed that he will correct his issues..which it seems he has two years later(albeit still not automatic like he once was)

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Stupid take.

"The kicker sucks but so does the rest of the team so he should stay".

It's only a stupid take if you missed the point: I am not saying he should stay. I wanted him cut. I'm saying he is being held accountable but nobody else is. It is a comment on the current coach/front office.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welll...INSTANTLY Super bowl team! Good thing ALL the players, coaches and execs are held to this accountability standard!@

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stupid take.

"The kicker sucks but so does the rest of the team so he should stay".
You are missing the point, that isn;t what he said. Answer this question....why isn't everyone who is screwing up week after week ...fired?

I will save you the trouble....this was an easy cheap shot. This does very little to fix the team.....but it keeps people like you satisfied we're "by golly doing something dagnabit".

You want to do something MEANINGFUL? Then do it..it will have to be more than firing the kicker.