Video: Brian Baldinger - a breakdown of Tank Lawrence in the Atlanta game

InTheZone

Reaction score

Woooooooooh...tank played like a monster

Definitely underrated and underappreciated. Arguably our best defensive player yet the team has a tag on him...

And any team that let's Lawrence go 1v1 is simply stupid, a fireable offense on their part.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve never got those here who attack rod
The guy gets more out of less than anyone. I don’t like his concept of speed over size but he gets players to play like their lives depend on it and now we are getting some talent
The problem I have with Rod is him as a DC. When he made George Selvie look solid when no one else could? I was sold. His unit will always play to their potential.

conner01

Reaction score
The problem I have with Rod is him as a DC. When he made George Selvie look solid when no one else could? I was sold. His unit will always play to their potential.
I personally like a more agressive style but rod gets the best out of players. I’ve never seen a guy who is so good at that aspect. And if kris can learn that from him he will be a heck of a DC

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The guy gets more out of less than anyone. I don’t like his concept of speed over size but he gets players to play like their lives depend on it and now we are getting some talent

That’s a double edged sword with Rod. If you give him poor talent, he’ll elevate it to a middling defense. If you give him good talent, his passive philosophy doesn’t put it in the best situation to make plays.

conner01

Reaction score
That’s a double edged sword with Rod. If you give him poor talent, he’ll elevate it to a middling defense. If you give him good talent, his passive philosophy doesn’t put it in the best situation to make plays.
Rod doesn’t call the defense
But he’s a great coach
We don’t blitz a lot but are actually very high in success rate on blitzes

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Rod doesn’t call the defense
But he’s a great coach
We don’t blitz a lot but are actually very high in success rate on blitzes

This year, no. But, in the past, those three man rushes while playing eight yards off were all Rod.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
While I like Lawrence and he is a baller he has only done so in his contract year/s and he has injury concerns. I would 100% franchise him for one more season.

sbark

Reaction score
Notice the help the rt is trying to give on Malik also, even the center is looking that way to help
Looks like they are in a double 3tech set with Crawford other side, clear pass rush set

The help from tackle is what they had Tyron doing when the rookie was in at lg...made Tyron drop off, better now with fill

Wonder if dlaw set up closer to a wide 9 sometimes to take help away from Malik....could confuse their oline calls at times have to think

Plankton

Reaction score
I bet Baldy breaks down these tapes naked

3vhg.gif

TheHerd

Reaction score

Rod is a great coach of defensive linemen. I just don't like his defensive strategies. Doesn't pressure the outside receivers enough for me.

Whenever we blitz it seems like the corners are 10 yards off and sprinting backwards on the snap. Easy throw for a good QB.