Brian Dawkins & Lavar Arrington on NFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Rack's signature depicts an NFL football game. There are already enough opportunities for a player to get injured without you having to wish it upon them. Haven't you ever seen a game where a player from an opposing team gets injured. Both sides of the field cheer, or do something to show their concern (regardless of the team affiliation).

Rack can talk about Eagle fans being like you, but in reality, your type of cowboy fan comes in all team affiliations. So I don't believe you are acting like a responsible fan of any Team!

I suggest you becoMe a WWF fan (from Dallas)! :rolleyes:

Don't you have some paralyzed receivers to go cheer? :rolleyes:

AJM1613

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Don't you have some paralyzed receivers to go cheer? :rolleyes:
He isn't paralyzed, and he is rich with a fairly good life, or so it apears. He also has 3 SB rings. I really don't think we should feel bad for him. I wasn't one of the fans that cheered his injury and I NEVER route for players to get hurt no matter how much I hate them (i.e. Irvin), but I really don't think we should feel bad for him.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He isn't paralyzed, and he is rich with a fairly good life, or so it apears. He also has 3 SB rings. I really don't think we should feel bad for him. I wasn't one of the fans that cheered his injury and I NEVER route for players to get hurt no matter how much I hate them (i.e. Irvin), but I really don't think we should feel bad for him.

At that moment in time he was paralyzed and everyone in the stadium knew it was bad when the ambulance came out. So don't try to minimize the barbaric behavior of your brethren in Filthydelphia. It was one of the worst moments in in Philly sports history.

Skeptic

Reaction score
Rack said:
Yeah but he didn't injure him for the season.

Seriously though, leave the talk of opposing teams players being hurt for the season to the Eagles fans. Cowboys fans are (and should) be above that. Like Bell said, I'd rather sweep the Eagirls and Skins with TO and Arrington playing anyway.

Granted.

That Jaeger got to me last night after reading that moron size us up.

Skeptic

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Septic,

I sure hope you were smoking something when you made the quote above. At least that would explain your harsh words. Listen, I know you're probably just an over-enthusiastic fan trying to make a point about your dedication to the dallas cowboys, but I hope you truly realize that both Arrington and T.O. are just althletes tryIng to make a living for their families. I wouLdn't wish that type of injury on the ...the dallas cowboys! :rolleyes:

Time to pUt away the Pipe and Grab some milk and cookies. :D

Did yewr wittwe eagwes feewings get huwt?

Awwww.

Skeptic

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Rack,

He couldn't hold an Eagles ...(I'd Like to say something) on a rainy day -- you keep him. The reality of it all is that he is a Cowboy fan!

At least we didn't boo freaking Santa Claus.

Sheesh.

Reaction score
Skeptic said:
Did yewr wittwe eagwes feewings get huwt?

Awwww.

All of you Dallas fans must certainly realize that we both have good and bad representatives.

I'm not going to respond to anymore post on this thread because I can't justify the incident when Irvin was taken out. I'm not going to make any attempt to defend the fans who cheered when Irvin was taken out. The Only thing I can say is that I personally thought that Irvin's contributions and flambouyant behavior (on the field) is sorely missed.

Big D

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
. I just find it funny that there is so much hip hop in the NFL when I would imagine that it is only a fraction of their revenue generating target.

hmmm. pepsi,coke,mcdonalds have got it all wrong. That new clay aiken is REALLY what the youngsters nowadays wanna hear! :confused:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
You caught on, eh?

That's about the fifth post I've read of this guy's made me think that.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt...Plus im a slow learner...

Reaction score
RW31 said:
I gave him the benefit of the doubt...Plus im a slow learner...

Don't you and the "Tuna" go getting all soft on me! I'm not new, I'm renovated. Listen, I'm a military veteran. The majority of my assignments were overseas (Korea, England, Sicily, Spain, etc, etc,); went to college in Texas. As such, American television was not always available/assessible in some countries. In fact, whenever we did get an NFL game, it was a rear treat! So I often watched games that had nothing to do with the Eagles; but I was still an Eagles fan. We'd be happy to catch a glimpse of what was going on during some of the sports news highlights -- scores around the NFL. So I learned to appreciate other teams; even the cowboys :eek: I was born an Eagles Fan (and Dayam proud of that!), but I learned how to be an NFL fan!

Many of you will probably want to know just what that means. Well, it means that I appreciate the game better than an average -- let's say Dallas fan. By braodiending my football cultural perspective, I'm able to look at some of the very shallow responses some of your bretheren give; present company excused of course, and rise above your nonsensical jabberwhocky. I won't hesitate to let you know that I many Dallas Cowboys players are some of my favorite NFL players (no seriously!).

I'm not new, regardless of what you believe. I'll give your team just as much respect as you give mine. So I think you both need to re-evaluate your interpretation of what defines a "new" fan.

Don't get into a pissing contest with someone on the balcony! :cool:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Don't you and the "Tuna" go getting all soft on me! I'm not new, I'm renovated. Listen, I'm a military veterans. The majority of my time was spent overseas (Korea, England, Sicily, Spain, etc, etc,). As such, American television was not always available/assessible. In fact, whenever we did get an NFL game, it was a rear treat! So I often watched games that Had Nothing to do with the Eagles; but I was still an Eagles fan. We would be happy to catch a glimpse of what was going on during some of the sports news highlights. So I learned to appreciate other teams; even the cowboys I became an Eagles Fan at the same time I became an NFL fan!

I've lived overseas and appreciate the difficulties of missing several consecutive seasons. You never really catch up on the whole NFL scene over those years, but you fast do on your own team. I guess you're just back to the US very recently (basing that on your not knowing AJ Feeley was sent to Miami..my bad if that wasn't you). Welcome back and the service to our country is certainly appreciated.

However, your posting on a whole is more about you than the Eagles. One of the benefits of having rival teams fans on board is learning more about their respective teams. I'm revving up to make a foray onto some Eagles board, and take on their ringers, which I expect to be even bigger piece of cake than the Skins board was. But you're not doing much to increase my store of Eagles ammo/info. Try harder.

Many of you will probably want to know just what that means.

With baited breath, as usual. :rolleyes:

Well, it means that I appreciate the game better than an average -- let's say Dallas fan. By braodiending my football cultural perspective, I'm able to look at soMe of the very shallow responses some of your bretheren give; present company excused of course.

I think we are all NFL fans as well as individual teams fans, even we shallow types. Now with fantasy football, video games, the net and plethora of media sports outlets, even if you only wanted to stay informed on your specific team, you couldn't. It's a very well informed fanbase today.

But don't ever make the mistaKe of thinking that my dedication is any where other than the mighty Philadelphia Eagles.

Sure, it's all anyone ever thinks, or cares about. I have to giggle at your phrasing. It's so over the top ego.

I'm not new, regardless of what you believe. I'll give you just as much respect as you give me. So I think you both had better step back, put down your pipes, blow the duast off of those olllldddd Lombardi trophies, and reminisce about times gone by. You may not see that type of glory again for a long long time :cool:

Umm, umm, crack pipe smack references went out about five years ago. Just another thing you've got to catch up on, either that, or put your own down.. But you picked the right board to watch and learn on, I'l give you that.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Don't you and the "Tuna" go getting all soft on me! I'm not new, I'm renovated. Listen, I'm a military veteran. The majority of my assignments were overseas (Korea, England, Sicily, Spain, etc, etc,); went to college in Texas. As such, American television was not always available/assessible in some countries. In fact, whenever we did get an NFL game, it was a rear treat! So I often watched games that had nothing to do with the Eagles; but I was still an Eagles fan. We'd be happy to catch a glimpse of what was going on during some of the sports news highlights -- scores around the NFL. So I learned to appreciate other teams; even the cowboys :eek: I was born an Eagles Fan (and Dayam proud of that!), but I learned how to be an NFL fan!

Many of you will probably want to know just what that means. Well, it means that I appreciate the game better than an average -- let's say Dallas fan. By braodiending my football cultural perspective, I'm able to look at some of the very shallow responses some of your bretheren give; present company excused of course, and rise above your nonsensical jabberwhocky. I won't hesitate to let you know that I many Dallas Cowboys players are some of my favorite NFL players (no seriously!).

I'm not new, regardless of what you believe. I'll give your team just as much respect as you give mine. So I think you both need to re-evaluate your interpretation of what defines a "new" fan.

You're more high on yourself than on a crackpipe...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Dexter Nguyen said:
hmmm. pepsi,coke,mcdonalds have got it all wrong. That new clay aiken is REALLY what the youngsters nowadays wanna hear! :confused:

Missed my point. Pepsi, McDonalds and coke have a universal appeal. Hip hop doesn't. The first rule in Marketing is Alienate little, incorporate much. By segmenting their audience they have pretty much cut out a wide array of folks. Not this will stop me or any hardcore from being a fan, it is just they are not going to creat brand loyalty by doing that universally. That was my entire point. I know from whence I talk. 20 years in the music and entertainment industry in marketing accounts for something.

Skeptic

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Win ONE NFC championship and ONE superbowl and we can talk.

Freaking posers.

crazylegs

Benched
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
Here's hoping for season-ending injuries to both Arrington and Owens.

I have no personal malice for either player's lives, but after watching their behavior the last few years I have to say that something needs to put them in their place.

Especially Owens. I sat less than fifteen feet away as he stole the home game from us.

Hate! Hate! Hate!

"Here's hoping for season-ending injuries to both Arrington and Owens."

Season-ending, career-ending what's the difference?

Either situation would inprove the image of the NFL!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
"Here's hoping for season-ending injuries to both Arrington and Owens."

Season-ending, career-ending what's the difference?

Either situation would inprove the image of the NFL!

I prefer to see them both have long careers.

Long, humiliating, unrealized, cellar dwelling careers.

TO to be longing for his days with Jeff Garcia, looking back on SF as the peak of his career, and nursing his bi-annual bruises from Roy, never to see a Pro Bowl again. And falling out with his buddy McFlabb, ending up reviling him to the press, like he did to Garcia. A spreading cancer on the Filthy Body. See Reid bench him, with the resulting "show".

TO can't take failure. I want him to live with it. A LONG time.

As for Arrington, let him never sniff a SB and have the words "unmet potential" be attached to him forevermore just as "undisciplined player" is today. Not a bust, but surely a unanimously proclaimed" major disappointment".

Disgrace for the both of them.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I prefer to see them both have long careers.

Long, humiliating, unrealized, cellar dwelling careers.

TO to be longing for his days with Jeff Garcia, looking back on SF as the peak of his career, and nursing his bi-annual bruises from Roy, never to see a Pro Bowl again. And falling out with his buddy McFlabb, ending up reviling him to the press, like he did to Garcia. A spreading cancer on the Filthy Body. See Reid bench him, with the resulting "show".

TO can't take failure. I want him to live with it. A LONG time.

As for Arrington, let him never sniff a SB and have the words "unmet potential" be attached to him forevermore just as "undisciplined player" is today. Not a bust, but surely a unanimously proclaimed" major disappointment".

Disgrace for the both of them.
tell us how you really feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.