Brian Smith - Missouri

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Brain Smith is a guy I completely forgot about. He broke his hip earlier in the year. I saw him play against UNM. He had four sacks against us. This guy was a heck of a player before he hurt himself. He's from a big time conference and he produced. I wonder how his rehab is going. This might be a guy to keep an eye on.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I love this kid, he averaged a sack a game before breaking his hip, was a half-sack short of tying Aaron Hunt for being the BigXII's all-time leading sacker, I think he would be a nice Day 2 pick-up, some people at NFLDraftCountdown's forum have been raving about him

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I got in an argument with someone awhile ago about Brian Smith. I like him but would only spend a second day on him. I project him no higher than 6th round but others may pull the trigger earlier.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1431619 said:
I got in an argument with someone awhile ago about Brian Smith. I like him but would only spend a second day on him. I project him no higher than 6th round but others may pull the trigger earlier.

I think it depends on where he's at in his rehab. He might end up being a UFA. If so, that might actually be the best thing for him. Then, he could choose where he wanted to try and go.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1431485 said:
I love this kid, he averaged a sack a game before breaking his hip, was a half-sack short of tying Aaron Hunt for being the BigXII's all-time leading sacker, I think he would be a nice Day 2 pick-up, some people at NFLDraftCountdown's forum have been raving about him

Yeah, I don't doubt it. He was Awsome against the Lobos. Totally blew doors on everybody matched up against him. He was tough. He could be a guy who, if healthy, could end up being a nice fit for us at OLB. He's a little bit light but he's a guy who can certainly rush the QB.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1431621 said:
I think it depends on where he's at in his rehab. He might end up being a UFA. If so, that might actually be the best thing for him. Then, he could choose where he wanted to try and go.

Like I said, I like Brian Smith, I just have questions about his rehab like you suggested. Not being able to finish out the year, play in any all-star game, work out at the combine etc. has really lowered him in my book. But that's where BigWillie and I differed. I said a 6th, he said 2nd round was a steal.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1431649 said:
Like I said, I like Brian Smith, I just have questions about his rehab like you suggested. Not being able to finish out the year, play in any all-star game, work out at the combine etc. has really lowered him in my book. But that's where BigWillie and I differed. I said a 6th, he said 2nd round was a steal.

wow, that's way too high

BigWillie

Reaction score
BigWillie;1317815 said:
But if Smith is completely heals (which is a big question mark) he is a complete steal. Before injuring his hip, Smith was leading the NCAA in sacks.

BigWillie;1318250 said:
If Smith is healed (he says he is), then to grab him even in the 2nd would be a steal. He was a late 1st - early 2nd type before his injury. Honestly, one of the better pass rushers in the nation.

How many times did you argue with me in that thread, when I said NUMEROUS times, IF, Brian Smith was healthy, he was a complete steal. That thread went even as far for you to question Smith's talent, faniac.

It almost felt good to pat yourself on the back, eh?

tm1119

Reaction score
Anybody care to inform me on who he is and what type of player he is? Never heard of him.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Comic, you do realize most want him as an OLB in the 3-4 scheme, correct?

ComicBookGuy

Reaction score
Yeah, but is he going to play over Carpenter or D-Ware? I don't think he'd even play much as a backup honestly. Not sold on his speed as a LBer either. I've only seen him play twice in person and a few times on tv, so I'm not an expert on him, but I just never saw the speed to the sideline desirable.

BigWillie

Reaction score
In time, Bobby will be an ILB, the question is, when?

For the time being, we need quality backups for Carp and Ware, so that is where Brian Smith would come in ... again I say, if healthy.