Twitter: Brian Waters on Miles Austin's breakout game in KC

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 4m
Brian Waters on playing for KC in 2009 during Miles Austin's breakout game: "I (recently) told (Miles) we didn't have a clue who you were."
Brian Waters on Miles' 2009 game in KC: "We were all looking at each other like, ‘Who in the world is 19?’ We had no idea who this guy is."
Waters on Miles' game in KC: "He hit us for 250 and 11 catches. I hope he has that type of day again. I hope Im on the right side of that 1"

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was awesome being there and being witness to Miles coming out party. Love to see that again Sunday. I would probably lose my voice all over again.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It was awesome being there and being witness to Miles coming out party. Love to see that again Sunday. I would probably lose my voice all over again.

That day was awesome. Hope Sunday is just as good, though a little less stressful would be welcome. What section you going to be in?

Tex

Reaction score
I hope memories of his 250 yard game make them play a little looser on Dez then the Giants just did.

Dez or Bryant can easily have another game of that magnitude.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Austin has to stay healthy.

Since that game..he has only had a hand full of games were he has contributed to any wins.

We will see.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think there was a lot of Cowboys fans wondering who he was that day.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Miles was on fire that day. His RAC was unbelievable. Do any of you remember the two touchdowns he dropped? That's right. His statline could've been even better. Of course if he had caught them there would've been no overtime heroics. I'm happy with the way it ended up. One of the most exciting regular season wins in Cowboys history.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
are you going? how many cowboys fans expected?

40% plus I'd say. You can still get tickets to most Chiefs games this year, so the fan base hasn't bought into the hype yet. In fact you can still get tickets to their club level for the Dallas game. There will be lots of blue.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Current Cowboys had KC view of '09 Austin
As Todd Haley walked to his car outside Arrowhead Stadium on Oct. 11, 2009, he kept saying the same thing.

“I told them all about Miles,” Haley said.

“(Haley) talked about him all week as far as a guy with an incredible motor and a work ethic like none other,” said Brandon Carr, Austin’s current teammate and a starting cornerback for the Chiefs that day. “He came and showed up and validated everything that coach told us that week and put on a good show.”

Said Carr, “Miles got his name from 2009, that performance. We heard a lot about him going into that week. He showed up and took over the game. That’s those games that kind of spark players' careers, and that was a catalyst for him to get to where he is right now.”

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...rrent-cowboys-had-chiefs-view-of-austin-in-09