Signed by Cowboys Brice Butler re-signs with the Cowboys

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Honestly, some people here are down on him, I think opposite Dez he can have a good year. He made some big catches for us this season.
I agree. Playing behind TWILL didn't allow him to develop. His flashes of a dependable receiver seemed to develop as the season progressed. I recall one play where he almost allowed an interception, and Dez got on him for not protecting the ball. Another play I remember is a play where he tried to catch the ball with a body catch, and Dez admonished him for not reaching out with his hands to catch the ball.

I think he will be as effective as Williams

Verdict

Reaction score
If we can upgrade in the draft and the opportunity presents ittself this signing doesn't prevent that. He has some theoretical upside and is almost as good as Williams at a fraction of the cost. If we had to stand pat at receiver with no more signings we could probably get by if we had to. That is a good thing.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
A far better move than $6-$8 million a year for Terrance Williams, who I am hearing nothing about.

It is weird.

There have been lesser WRs than Williams already getting their deals. Markus Wheaton, Kenny Britt, Ted Ginn, Robert Woods.

Makes you wonder what and who he is waiting on.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is weird.

There have been lesser WRs than Williams already getting their deals. Markus Wheaton, Kenny Britt, Ted Ginn, Robert Woods.

Makes you wonder what and who he is waiting on.

Not sure I'd call them all "lesser", but there are some names where I think Williams is better and it's surprising they have gotten deals first. All I can think is that he and his agent have overestimated his market and asking price.

I've heard nothing about him.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If we can draft a beast like Njoku then it'll solve two issues: 1) Witten's heir, 2) #2 receiving threat.