Bright spots and concerns

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Bright Spots:

1. Keith Brooking: he's becoming a great leader for this team

2. Special teams: Buehler and McBriar had great games that helped Dallas win the field position game

3. Tony Romo: zero turnovers; enough said

4. 2nd half adjustments (especially defensively)

5. Kyle Kosier had a MONSTER game; it's a shame he won't make the Pro Bowl because he isn't a big name guy

Concerns:

1. Barbie Carpenter needs to get off the field. Brooking looked pretty good when he had his chance.

2. WR's not getting separation; especially Austin and Hurd. I think it's time to consider dressing Ogletree. I don't think there's a need to dress Octavien at this time due to the emergence of Victor Butler

3. Offensive play-calling inside the 5: pretty much everyone in the stadium knows when we get in the shotgun formation inside the 5, it's ALWAYS a draw. That has to **** the OL off; you know they just want to pound the ball in the endzone.

4. Ken Hamlin: he continues to take bad angles and not reading the QB's eyes

5. Nick Folk: I'm concerned about him.

elcocinero

Reaction score
I think the main concern has to be penalties. Can we go through a week without 100 yards in penalties?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Pretty accurate assessment. By the way, my name was called in my house more than Miles Austin was on my television.

That is not a good sign.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
another concern should be our Oline against the blitz

someone has brought it up before, we looked to struggle against it tonight, and it was really the 1st time someone has brought the blitz against us this year

our WRs really need to start getting more open

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Agreed, I think it's time to start preparing for life after Marc Colombo. I would love Anthony Davis from Rutgers in the 2nd round.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
TheSport78;2977254 said:
Bright Spots:

Concerns:

1. Barbie Carpenter needs to get off the field. Brooking looked pretty good when he had his chance.

2. WR's not getting separation; especially Austin and Hurd. I think it's time to consider dressing Ogletree. I don't think there's a need to dress Octavien at this time due to the emergence of Victor Butler

3. Offensive play-calling inside the 5: pretty much everyone in the stadium knows when we get in the shotgun formation inside the 5, it's ALWAYS a draw. That has to **** the OL off; you know they just want to pound the ball in the endzone.

4. Ken Hamlin: he continues to take bad angles and not reading the QB's eyes

5. Nick Folk: I'm concerned about him.

1.Dont worry. Jason Williams will have Carpenter's spot by Thanksgiving.

2.This is our biggest concern right now IMO. For most of the game, we didn't even threaten the defense 15-20 yds down the field. This was also the case vs NYG.

3. The draw usually works for us down there.

4.Hamlin is clearly the weak link on the defense. He's horrible.

5.Concerned??? Sure, he pushed one last night, but generally the guy is $$$$.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Where the hell is Hurd, Austin and Bennett............

Seriosuly, these guys need to get involved.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hamlin is pure garbage, I didnt realize a safety could actually suck this bad.

Once he got his payday he mailed it in. He needs to go in the offseason, seriously.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2977547 said:
Hamlin is pure garbage, I didnt realize a safety could actually suck this bad.

Once he got his payday he mailed it in. He needs to go in the offseason, seriously.

We can only hope Mike Hamlin comes back in a few weeks, shows some potential and Ken hamlin is gone next year.