Video: Bring back Mark Colombo

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think the problem on the OL is the coaching. We need some better players.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That's because Jerry only hires first-time HCs or retreads desperate for another gig, who no one else wants.

Hire a better head coach and get out of his way. But ol' Jerry doesn't want that. Coaches like that will push back against his fantasy football game with his son.
Your posts make it all the more difficult to at least try to pretend as if we have a chance.

Every one of them is a dagger of reality....and never wrong.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He was bad, and part of his problem was apparently he had trouble calling out the guys he played with when they missed assignments

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
That's because Jerry only hires first-time HCs or retreads desperate for another gig, who no one else wants.

Doesn't everyone owner/gm hire first time head coaches or retreads desperate for another gig?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better off with Lieutenant
Colombo
Callahan or bust

links18

Reaction score
Doesn't everyone owner/gm hire first time head coaches or retreads desperate for another gig?
No, if Belicheck ever leaves the Pats, he won't be desperate for work, just like Sean Payton won't be the second he decides he is coming back.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Okay so not only are you guys Excellent owners (You constantly Rag on Jerry)
You are crack GMs (You constantly b and moan about hiring a "real GM")
You excellent coaches (You constantly whine MM as a puppet )
You now are excellent at hiring assistant coaches, it must be really comfortable living in that fantasy world you guys live in.
THAT'S IT!!!!
I didn't know this was a Fantasy football Site
Nevermind

quickccc

Reaction score
Success to Cowboys season will hinge on the OL this year with a 1st place schedule.

Cowboys needs to bring Mark Colombo as an assistant coach as a run game coordinator and OL coach.

" As an assistant OL coach ..instead of primary OL coach ?
And mind you Columbo's philosophy is different than Joe Phillibin,.. Man- scheme vs Zone scheme.

- And it maybe a reason why Columbo isnt' in the NFL anymore. He has a demeanor and temper that could make it difficult for fellow coaches that are not
as well up personally familiar with him as say Garrett was.

- Reportedly he personally wanted to confront McCarthy up close as to why he was replaced per Joe Philibin, but MM made himself unavailable
and it's well known about his physical clash sand firing with the NYG coaching staff.

- i wouldn't have mind having a try with ex- Bronco OL coach Mike Munchak, who was ousted for same reason Columbo was with Cowboys, a totally change in philosophy.
Man/Power Scheme ..vs Zone Blocking scheme

quickccc

Reaction score
He also picked Bones so it’s a wash

- i actually like Bones now, ...and he's had an impact in improved special teams .. despite the current FG kicker, mediocre punt return game.

- He was patient with Pollard as he got thru his issues as a KR, now Pollard is easily among better KO returners in NFL.

- We've probably never had the performance and impact at blocking punts with Bones .. vs under any other SP coach, (and that includes Joe Avezanno)

- Bones was reportedly instrumental in pushing for All pro punter Bryant Anger ..and he was a field changer for us all year.

- kick- punt coverage was fairly sound and solid for most of the year.

- Once Bones put behind the theater antics with ill timed plays, fake returns,, bad timing for blocks, he was a completely more solid SP coach

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
:angry:
" As an assistant OL coach ..instead of primary OL coach ?
And mind you Columbo's philosophy is different than Joe Phillibin,.. Man- scheme vs Zone scheme.

- And it maybe a reason why Columbo isnt' in the NFL anymore. He has a demeanor and temper that could make it difficult for fellow coaches that are not
as well up personally familiar with him as say Garrett was.

- Reportedly he personally wanted to confront McCarthy up close as to why he was replaced per Joe Philibin, but MM made himself unavailable
and it's well known about his physical clash sand firing with the NYG coaching staff.

- i wouldn't have mind having a try with ex- Bronco OL coach Mike Munchak, who was ousted for same reason Columbo was with Cowboys, a totally change in philosophy.
Man/Power Scheme ..vs Zone Blocking scheme

This is the type of guy we need to coach the players for a playoff run. They have been pampered too long. I bet they won’t come out nervous next playoff game. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

quickccc

Reaction score
:angry:

This is the type of guy we need to coach the players for a playoff run. They have been pampered too long. I bet they won’t come out nervous next playoff game. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Perhaps .. and Columbo brought great results his full last year here in Dallas, before the McCarthy crew arrived,
But the current HC is still here, he still mightily prefers his own guy, his own OL coach, and the Zone scheme is still his OL philosophy preference,
..and apparently he is being allowed to continue that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If McCarthy wants to change OL coach that is up to him. The success of failures on assistant coaches and their groups falls on McCarthy as it should be.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don’t think the problem on the OL is the coaching. We need some better players.

I agree with you, but man, they sure looked lost on a lot of plays. Shouldn't be that way with a veteran group.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would like to have him back also. He and MM don’t get along. Seems he wouldn’t talk to Colombo when he was let go. I do agree philibin is a issue. Alot of fhese penalties that MM has waited till the end of the season to address are on the O-Line. This should have been looked at during the year. When they were killing drives and momentum. I don’t think philibin and his still scheme works here. I want these penalties cleaned up and I doubt philibin can do this.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would like to have him back also. He and MM don’t get along. Seems he wouldn’t talk to Colombo when he was let go. I do agree philibin is a issue. Alot of fhese penalties that MM has waited till the end of the season to address are on the O-Line. This should have been looked at during the year. When they were killing drives and momentum. I don’t think philibin and his still scheme works here. I want these penalties cleaned up and I doubt philibin can do this.

I think he did, try to address the penalties on the OL, why did Conner Williams get benched? it was the holding, problem was McGovern did not play well once he was put in the lineup. I think the combination of a 1st year starter at center who was being over whelmed was no help to guard who was being pushed back as well. Conner Williams was the weak link on the OL but did not show up as much when he had Frederick and Looney playing next to him but with an inexperienced center having issues the weakness showed up even more so in Williams

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think he did, try to address the penalties on the OL, why did Conner Williams get benched? it was the holding, problem was McGovern did not play well once he was put in the lineup. I think the combination of a 1st year starter at center who was being over whelmed was no help to guard who was being pushed back as well. Conner Williams was the weak link on the OL but did not show up as much when he had Frederick and Looney playing next to him but with an inexperienced center having issues the weakness showed up even more so in Williams
I know Williams was benched for penalties. I agree the middle is young and weak at guard. I hope our center gets a little stronger and better. We have a few like Ball that was supposed to be a possible starter that was hurt. These penalties are from sloppy play and maybe a scheme change. Watching them, they just don’t look the same. Something has changed in the blocking. And stupid pff grades them one of the best. All that does is make it look like it’s your QB look bad. He is running for his life most of the time and we can’t run the ball. So how are they one of the best..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know Williams was benched for penalties. I agree the middle is young and weak at guard. I hope our center gets a little stronger and better. We have a few like Ball that was supposed to be a possible starter that was hurt. These penalties are from sloppy play and maybe a scheme change. Watching them, they just don’t look the same. Something has changed in the blocking. And stupid pff grades them one of the best. All that does is make it look like it’s your QB look bad. He is running for his life most of the time and we can’t run the ball. So how are they one of the best..

I think as the season went on DC made sure to put more pressure up the middle and over LG, Williams was able to survive with Looney next to him last season. When Looney went down for a few games in 2020 OL started to struggle. Fact is Williams has been the weak link on OL for a while, just easier to cover it up with experienced center next to him