Bring Bruce Arians To Dallas

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So it's impossible for a coach to come out of retirement?
What part of Gruden isn't clear?

Arians retired earlier this year, he's 65 years old just got a TV gig.

Gruden spent almost a decade on TV, is only 55, and got a $100 million head coach contract.

Otherwise, the situations are exactly the same.

Reactions: G2

cowboyec

Reaction score

Gruden spent almost a decade on TV, is only 55, and got a $100 million head coach contract.

Arians is much more kind-hearted.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

Another similarity is Bruce would be coming out of retirement for an OC job. Doubt that happens for any team.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Right! Because Bruce Arians retired from being a HEAD COACH so he could step down to an OC position on a coaching staff that is destined for the firing line at year's end. Although, this would be fun to watch. Arians is passionate and has a temper. He would probably end up getting into a fight with Garrett on the sidelines. Kind of like when Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride on the sidelines when they were coaching for the Oilers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Since he retired from the cards, they have been ugly. Kind of like us.
He knows QBs and can run an offense.
Lose Linehan. Not now, but RIGHT now.
does anyone have any realistic options or they just venting frustration. :facepalm:

and his team wasn't any good his last year there

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Arians is a different (good different) kind of coach. He's very aggressive with play-calling and abandons the run rather easily. He reminds me of the spread college coaches who believe the number of offensive play calls is the most important stat in modern football.

I don't think I'd hate it but ideally, we need a head coach that can come in and keep the Jones' at bay, or at least more so. Now, if you told me Arians was coming as the OC, I would LOVE that.

Dreaming I know, but Nick Saban as HC, Arians as OC, and Richard as DC would be a home fricken run.

JayFord

Reaction score
Bruce Arians is an offensive genius hes going to take one good look at that playbook and throw it in the trash.

Honestly Arians could come here and run a hi lo post with a high screen kick it back to the perimeter for the trey and it would work better than the plays we have

That is if arians came here which he wont unless a HC positon was offered

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Never liked Linehan but, I don't think the answer is to bring in a new OC. Any OC that comes in here is going to be forced to run Garrett's Offense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since he retired from the cards, they have been ugly. Kind of like us.
He knows QBs and can run an offense.
Lose Linehan. Not now, but RIGHT now.
G, I don't think he'd work for these people. When he had the Cards purring, they had a lot more talent at the skill positions than Dallas does.

Reactions: G2

kumizi

Reaction score
He’s great but he retired mainly because of his health. He’s too old for the grind.