Bring Bruce Carter back?

coach steele

Reaction score
Not that this would be a BREAKING NEWS signing but I think that bringing back Carter (if cheap say 2 year 3 million dollar contract) would be a good signing. He was good versus the pass and played well as the SAM. He also was a core special teamer. He would essentially replace Wilber.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
I'll bring him back too and replace Gachkar with him. He had 4 ints his last year here and should be ahead of his usual slow curve as he already knows the D. Plus a LB to pair with Lee on obvious passing downs.

This has already been discussed though.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
If cheap I wouldn't mind, I like Gashkar though I rather Bruce replace Wilber.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Not that this would be a BREAKING NEWS signing but I think that bringing back Carter (if cheap say 2 year 3 million dollar contract) would be a good signing. He was good versus the pass and played well as the SAM. He also was a core special teamer. He would essentially replace Wilber.

i would on a reasonable contract.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Carter would be ok as WLB depth for when Lee inevitably misses a few games. He should come very cheap after totally busting last season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need to go forward, and not back...and it's not the same as bringing our own current FA's back.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It would assist in strength of packages, from the start.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's an example of a guy I don't think they bring back at all. Unless it's mid-season and they just need a guy familiar with the system.

CCBoy

Reaction score
who said he was a starter?

Some of you guys and panick are really funny...I was interjecting the cost of a linebacker changing over time. A thought development might be he is speedy for a linebacker and that his coverage skills were pretty strong when he played with Dallas, but you carry on there.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Some of you guys and panick are really funny...I was interjecting the cost of a linebacker changing over time. A thought development might be he is speedy for a linebacker and that his coverage skills were pretty strong when he played with Dallas, but you carry on there.

I was not sure if that is what you meant. Yes, over time.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I
Carter is doable as would be Durant.

f you sign durant you would need to sign carter just so you had a durable LBer to fill in for all the injuries the LBing corp would have.

bb721

Reaction score

He signed a one year deal with the Jets.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

LOL
LOL

Oh, I have to laugh at the plaintive longing for journeymean "who come cheap."
Mates, our current decade of discontent is brought to you by massive numbers of journeymen we keep signing "cheaply" and then we spend the offseason wondering what went wrong.
Oh, my.