Bring Him In!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2206116

Fan cashes in by making 50-yard field goalESPN.com news services

It didn't win a Super Bowl, but it was certainly life-changing kick.

During halftime of Thursday night's CFL game between the Hamilton Tiger Cats and the Toronto Argonauts, Brian Diesbourg, a 25-year-old engineer from Belle River, Ontario, kicked a 50-yard field goal to win $1 million.

As part of Wendy's Kick for a Million promotion, Diesbourg, who was randomly chosen from among 200,000 entries on TSN's Web site, was to kick field goals from 20, 30, 40 and 50 for various prizes. After missing each of his first three attempts, Diesbourg split the uprights from 50 yards to claim the grand prize.

"I still can't believe I made the kick," Diesbourg told TSN. "I have never been so nervous, but I knew I had to stay focused on the uprights."

Diesbourg will be rewarded $25,000 per year for the next 40 years.

:)

TheHustler

Reaction score
He missed from 20, 30, 40 and made it from 50. That sounds like the kicker we just got rid of.

A 50 yard FG is tough.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
25,000 a year for 40 years.

that would be nice.

I gotta work on my kicking.

Boston Cowboy

Reaction score
What the article fails to mention is that, due to conversion rates, a Canadian 50 yd field goal is only 37 yards American.

jman

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
25,000 a year for 40 years.

that would be nice.

I gotta work on my kicking.

Yep...To think about it, he has already made more with that one kick than Cortez made by being a NFL kicker...LOL

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Boston Cowboy said:
What the article fails to mention is that, due to conversion rates, a Canadian 50 yd field goal is only 37 yards American.

:lmao:

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Boston Cowboy said:

Me too. Very good. :lmao: :laugh2:

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Boston Cowboy said:

Actually not funny.....

He was a soccer player all his life......this certainly helped him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
Wow, thats amazing for an everyday Joe Blow

back in college i bet someone i could kick FG's of 30+ yards and was laughed at pretty hard by friends. so we picked up a football and went out to a high school practice field and i was making 30 yard fg's pretty regular. kicked a 40 and i don't think i got the 50 but i wasn't far off before we decided it was beer time.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Boston Cowboy said:

Yes but considering that his age of 25 Canadian years is only 14 American, that's still pretty good for a kid.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
Actually not funny.....

He was a soccer player all his life......this certainly helped him.

We already have the Canadian kicker that we need. As for you doubters,

HOSERS !!!!!

Mash

Reaction score
I was actually at the game last nite in Toronto.....first CFL game in over 20 years....free tickets....

The Man....should of hit all of them....barely missed the first 3....just wide right by inches.

He nailed the 50 yarder.....the funny thing is....they were promoting this in the first half on the Jumbo Tron and they had a fomer or current CFL kicker who said that he played 15 years in the league and all his salary combined wouldn't even come close to 1 mil.

The gentleman wasn't allowed to practice kicking field goals to days before this game here where he was given some pointers and training from the Argos field goal kicker who by the way will not see 1 mil in his career....most players make $40-$50 grand a year.

It was great being there....the atmosphere was great during halftime and I bet most of the 40,000 there didn't leave their seats.....the highlite of the game was that kick.....the CFL game leaves alot to be desired....The Argos manhaddled the tigercats last nite.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TheHustler said:
He missed from 20, 30, 40 and made it from 50. That sounds like the kicker we just got rid of.

A 50 yard FG is tough.

Well, pretty close tothe kicker we just got rid of.

Cortez would never make a 50 though.

;)

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Boston Cowboy said:

thats still better than can't kick Cortez!