Bring On Meatchicken

Roughneck

Reaction score
Amazingle enough, despite being two of the Greatest Football Programs in NCAA History, this will be the first meeting between the Universities. I expect Texas to send the Wolverines back to Ann Arbor with their tails firmly tucked between their legs.

Texas-27
Meatchicken-21

calico

Reaction score
I am still in shock.

This Texas program needs this Rose Bowl win BAD.

Texas 35
Mich 24

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
To be honest. I would love to see Texas win it in the Rose. I dont see that happening tho. There is a kid called Braylen Edwards who is about to light up that putrid secondary of Texas.

Benson is your only hope. I hope he shines and Texas wins. I just dont know tho. That Texas secondary is in for one heck of a game.

Uhh...go Horns ??? GAH!!!! Oh well. I hope they win. :cool:

Reaction score
Dallas said:
There is a kid called Braylen Edwards who is about to light up that putrid secondary of Texas.

That "putrid secondary of Texas" held the same A&M that team hung 35 on OU to 13, and reduced them to something like 60 yrds thru the air after the 1/2.

They also punched the "Air-Correal" of the Big 12, Tx Tech, right in the mouth, and rendered their vaunted run-n-shoot passing attack, to pop-n-drop.

I won't even mention the 113 yrds they held White to on 10/11.

If I were you, I'd be worrying about USC, and just how OU's going to avoid getting embarrassed again on the Nat. stage.

Roughneck

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
That "putrid secondary of Texas" held the same A&M that team hung 35 on OU to 13, and reduced them to something like 60 yrds thru the air after the 1/2.

They also punched the "Air-Correal" of the Big 12, Tx Tech, right in the mouth, and rendered their vaunted run-n-shoot passing attack, to pop-n-drop.

If I were you, I'd be worrying about USC, and just how OU's going to avoid getting embarrassed again on the Nat. stage.
If anybody is going to be getting embarrassed (I don't think anyone will) it's going to be USC.

The Trojans Offense better come ready to play because OU is going to hang at least 30 on the Trojans Defense.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas said:
To be honest. I would love to see Texas win it in the Rose. I dont see that happening tho. There is a kid called Braylen Edwards who is about to light up that putrid secondary of Texas.

Benson is your only hope. I hope he shines and Texas wins. I just dont know tho. That Texas secondary is in for one heck of a game.

Uhh...go Horns ??? GAH!!!! Oh well. I hope they win. :cool:

I actually do not thik Edwards will be the factor...I think the young Michigan RB will be more of a factor.

But that is just me.

This game is too close to call even though I am leaning Texas because their running game is better IMO.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
If anybody is going to be getting embarrassed (I don't think anyone will) it's going to be USC.

The Trojans Offense better come ready to play because OU is going to hang at least 30 on the Trojans Defense.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

I'm really thinking that OU will pull off the win... I'm just trying not to get too excited this early on.

Good luck in the Rose!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

If I were you. I would stop eating those sour grapes. We stomped your butts every year. Get over it already.

Comparing Edwards to anything on the A&M team is LAUGHABLE.

Hate Mongre. :D

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Roughneck said:

Ya know RN. Its to bad alot of other Horn fans cant be as even keeled as you are when it comes to OU. You at least know OU can score on anyone at anytime.

The other Horn cry-baby fans around here are just full of bitterness and spite.

Great post my friend.

I hope Texas wins it. I think I said that already.

Reaction score
Dallas said:
If I were you. I would stop eating those sour grapes. We stomped your butts every year. Get over it already.

Comparing Edwards to anything on the A&M team is LAUGHABLE.

"Every year!!??"...ummm, ya might wanna check the overall record Wally.

And WHERE do you see me making comparisons? I stated facts about what you deem a "putrid" secondary, the SAME secondary that punched your 03 Hesiman-winning, 05 clipboard-holding QB, to less than 120 yrds.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have not watched a lot of Michigan this year but I will say that in the games I watched, Only Iowa was impressive. There schedule IMO, was not all that tough. They have a combined W/L of 61 and 52. I've watched Hart and he is pretty good but I don't think he gets the corner against the team speed on defense for Texas. The guy that really impresses me is the QB Henne. He's got a QB rating of 131.1 for the season. He doesn't seem to be real mobile though. He's got something like -2 yards rushing for the season with 28 sacks. He's a better thrower then Young at this stage but there's no question in my mind that Michigan will not be able to stop Young in the running game. Young will break containment and make things happen. I think Texas will run the ball against Michigan but I'm not sure Michigan will be able to do the same against Texas. If Texas makes Michigan one dimensional, then it puts it all on Henne and I don't see a Freshman QB being able to pull it off. JMO of course.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
"Every year!!??"...ummm, ya might wanna check the overall record Wally.

And WHERE do you see me making comparisons? I stated facts about what you deem a "putrid" secondary, the SAME secondary that punched your 03 Hesiman-winning, 05 clipboard-holding QB, to less than 120 yrds.

Your right. How many times has it been in a ROW we have beat up on Texas?

You wanna toss out stats. Thats cool. Ill just take the W. I mean. Thats all that matters right?

:cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Your right. How many times has it been in a ROW we have beat up on Texas?

You wanna toss out stats. Thats cool. Ill just take the W. I mean. Thats all that matters right?

:cool:

I will admit that OU has enjoyed great success of Texas for the last few seasons but this thing does run in cycles. If your an OU fan, you know this. Things will eventually change. They always do.