Video: Broaddus' Gang of 7 On Potential Cowboys Secondary Targets | GBag Nation

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Stokes is at 44 and we havent drafted a cb yet or signed a legit guy I'm done with this season.
You don’t think they will sign someone? They will cover themselves. Let’s just hope it’s not another dumpster dive. We might need at least two corners and two safeties as of right now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I have been indecisive about what the Cowboys should do at 10. I would love a trade down to to 15 and get an extra 2nd if we think the corners and defensive players are not special. Maybe this draft is quantity over quality.

That's my preference. One top player isn't taking this defense to the SB or to a top-5 level. It's hard to pass up somebody who appears to be the top pick by a significant margin, but with multiple holes to fill two very good defensive picks will help this team more than the one defensive stud (Or Pitts, for that matter.).

But that's not taking into account who goes before the 10th pick, runs on a particular position, and other factors. Have to be flexible on draft day....

RamziD

Reaction score
You may be right about the Eagles. In the case that they did pick Pitts they would trade Coop or Gallup to a WR needy team for a day two pick. Gallup might be too expensive to keep next year and that would be a way to get something for him.

This is very much easier said than done. It would be difficult to execute a good player trade in under 24 hours and when their value is at its lowest.

morasp

Reaction score
This is very much easier said than done. It would be difficult to execute a good player trade in under 24 hours and when their value is at its lowest.
I'm definitely no expert on the mechanics of it but there have been people that have suggested it.

Last edited:

RamziD

Reaction score
I'm definitely no expert on the mechanics of it but there have been people that have suggested it.
I’m not, either. It would be great if it worked out but I think it’s unlikely.

garyv

Reaction score
I watched this episode yesterday and Bryan speaks truth. Buyer beware on Farley. You gotta understand first of all what he is and what your getting. You are banking on his upside. With Surtain..hes a boring safe player that isnt a speed merchant , but has instincts and pro style technique for days. Jaycee Horn is the guy that is a real dawg..he will lock you down and be really aggressive. He tends to gamble. But has HUGE upside.

I just wish we could trade down to around 15th add a pick in 2nd or 3rd and take JC Horn

Gaede

Reaction score
I am definitely intrigued by Horn. I love the attitude, worried about the flags, but confident in the player. Trading down a little bit and getting Horn would be a pretty sweet deal

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I watched this episode yesterday and Bryan speaks truth. Buyer beware on Farley. You gotta understand first of all what he is and what your getting. You are banking on his upside. With Surtain..hes a boring safe player that isnt a speed merchant , but has instincts and pro style technique for days. Jaycee Horn is the guy that is a real dawg..he will lock you down and be really aggressive. He tends to gamble. But has HUGE upside.

Bucky Brooks maybe a week or 2 ago was also saying to pump the brakes on the Farley hype....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have been indecisive about what the Cowboys should do at 10. I would love a trade down to to 15 and get an extra 2nd if we think the corners and defensive players are not special. Maybe this draft is quantity over quality.
This draft is so easy to be indecisive at 10 lol. Right now, I just want a good player

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
horn by far is my favorite. I think Farley is a big big gamble. on year. injuries.....if he works out, people will be out in droves saying, I told you so, but he could very well spend a lot of time on the bench healing.....Surtain is a probowler type, on the verge probowler type....Horn is got the mentality. he is a bit too aggressive, but long term he may turn out to be the best pick, once he refines his technique and controls his aggression down field. one of those types that will wear out a WR as game goes on.

morasp

Reaction score
horn by far is my favorite. I think Farley is a big big gamble. on year. injuries.....if he works out, people will be out in droves saying, I told you so, but he could very well spend a lot of time on the bench healing.....Surtain is a probowler type, on the verge probowler type....Horn is got the mentality. he is a bit too aggressive, but long term he may turn out to be the best pick, once he refines his technique and controls his aggression down field. one of those types that will wear out a WR as game goes on.
Listening to them talk about Farley's lack of understanding of coverages reminded me a little of Morris Claiborne.