Broaddus keeps suggesting there are medical concerns with Oregon C Jackson Powers-Johnson

reddyuta

Reaction score
hmmm.If there is a Concern it will come out eventually before the draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
or would Bryan be running interference to drop the kids value? Hmm...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Trade up and get Joe Alt. Plug and play LT for the next 10 years. Draft a center if we need later. LT, DT,RB, Edge,cb.then pray like hell we find a linebacker late.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve heard this as well. Apparently Kiper and others don’t even have him in the first round which made Broaddus skeptical about injury

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did you see/hear the draft show yesterday. The Texas running back is all but ear marked for our second round pick. :facepalm: That is exactly what Broaddus said about us drafting LVE in 2017.
In fairness, Broaddus wouldn’t shutup about how he supposedly heard the coaches liked Hendershot more than Ferguson too.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I didn’t love JPJ at 24 originally bc I’m fairly sure a better player will be available but if there’s any truth to this hardddddd pass.

rambo2

Reaction score
Kiper hasn't had him in his 1st round mocks and Daniel Jeremiah had him dropping to Dallas.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Love JPJ but if there is a hip issue then I’ll pass. Same with Latu. Great player but I would pass.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
So the ultimate source here is Mel Kiper leaving JPJ out of his mocks? Man. I understand that medical information is some pretty confidential stuff, but that's reading far into it.

I don't think JPJ was a realistic target for the Cowboys anyway. In terms of the classic traits vs tape dichotomy, the Cowboys' early round strategy is draft traits, traits, and more traits. JPJ is a very good athlete for his size, but where he really shines is on tape rather than workouts. That doesn't really appeal to Dallas... we like gambling on freak athletes with ACL tears or felony charges. That's not even me taking a shot at Jerry, that's just an accurate description of what we do.

One of these days, we're going to draft a Sam Williams or pay a Michael Gallup, and they're going to ball out of their minds on a cheap contract, and Jerry will look like a genius. But today doesn't seem like it'll be it. I can't remember the last time we drafted or re-signed a dude with red flags, and those red flags didn't come back to bite us.

Heck, now that I think about it. If JPJ does have a chronically bad hip, that might actually move him into the Cowboys' crosshairs.